• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

VHD in Kidderminster!!!

3 weeks but if your buns have been vacc in the past they'll still have some protection, it doesn't just stop working after 6 months :)

I think I gave yuris hers late as the vet wrote down the wrong date on her vacs card :(

Jake is within his 6 months but yuris is a month late :(

I think I gave yuris hers late as the vet wrote down the wrong date on her vacs card :(

Jake is within his 6 months but yuris is a month late :(

don't worry, just book her in :wave: she'll still have some cover but not a very strong cover.

Rachylou - no they aren't at risk, no you don't need to strip off (although that is totally your choice), no you don't need to wipe anything down, and I don't think it'd be very healthy for you to know the number who have died, not that I would know either, but the amount of deaths is neither here nor there :wave:

Yes its Redditch/worcestershire :( please everyone keep some spare vibes for the hopper buns that are too poorly for vaccination and poor Lou who will have to deal with the fallout if it finds its way to her doors :cry:

Oh no, it said 16 miles away when I checked the map. Definitely thinking of all at hopper haven xx

don't worry, just book her in :wave: she'll still have some cover but not a very strong cover.

Rachylou - no they aren't at risk, no you don't need to strip off (although that is totally your choice), no you don't need to wipe anything down, and I don't think it'd be very healthy for you to know the number who have died, not that I would know either, but the amount of deaths is neither here nor there :wave:

theve both had it on wed but by wed she was a month late which i didnt know till the vet said the date was wrong :(

ahh I see. She will be fine don't worry, I'm sure I read once that there is still protection for about 6 months after the time they should have had the booster

The best people to contact would be the manufacturer :)

Thanks Jane. :thumb:

No not yet. I have been busy digging out vaccination cards to find out when every one is due!

Eeeek, I can understand. Thinking of Hopper Haven's residents too. :(

Rachylou, of course you're still welcome on the forum. :D Georgeypudding's answered most of your questions I think but, regarding the expiry date of Jim's vaccine, yes that will still be effective. The Use By Date is just the date that it needs to be given by, not an indication of how long it will provide cover for. That batch could still be used up until June and would still provide a full year's immunity.

What about all the bunnies in pet shops around the area they are not vaccinated - are pet shops aware are they taking any precautions - would they be interested in trying to protect the bunnies in their care?

ETA is it a wise precaution to avoid pet shops based in and around the area would staff handling a sick bunny then be able to transfer the virus to other goods?

Thanks Jane. :thumb:

Eeeek, I can understand. Thinking of Hopper Haven's residents too. :(

Rachylou, of course you're still welcome on the forum. :D Georgeypudding's answered most of your questions I think but, regarding the expiry date of Jim's vaccine, yes that will still be effective. The Use By Date is just the date that it needs to be given by, not an indication of how long it will provide cover for. That batch could still be used up until June and would still provide a full year's immunity.

Thanku Karen. I am really worried!

What about all the bunnies in pet shops around the area they are not vaccinated - are pet shops aware are they taking any precautions - would they be interested in trying to protect the bunnies in their care?

ETA is it a wise precaution to avoid pet shops based in and around the area would staff handling a sick bunny then be able to transfer the virus to other goods?

Personally I wouldn't worry about transfer that way, I mean I wouldn't go and cuddle buns who I know were not vaccinated and then go and cuddle mine (who are) but I don't think there is any risk through such an indirect route. Especially if your buns are vaccinated

Also with VHD isn't it true that if they are vaccinated they are safe?.

I'll be booking my 2 in soon then, they are due next month I believe.

Back