• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent rabbit dilemma - what to do? U/D He's home!

Awww I am very glad you have got him. I hope he soon settles in. He doesn't know it yet but he is one lucky bunny, but my gosh what a lot the little fella has been through. Sending settling in vibes x

I'm so glad you've decided to take him. There aren't many people who would take on a dental bunny, so I'd like to say a big 'thank you' :D

If it's his incisors, I very much doubt that a change in diet will prevent his teeth overgrowing...chances are his teeth just don't meet properly to wear down. Keep a close eye on his teeth because they may need doing every couple of weeks at worst. Also keep an eye out for signs of discomfort/pain,discoloured teeth or pus because one of the causes for malloclusion is tooth root infection.

Thank you - will do. As a black dental bunny I can see a rescue would struggle to re-home him even if the vets had managed to get him a place with one. I did have a quick look at his teeth while at the vets and I agree with you it's unlikely the change in diet will fix them. Will keep a close eye on them for the things you mention. I'm glad he's eaten overnight and this morning - at least he doesn't have any urgent problems and can hopefully be checked during his neuter, although if he shows signs of being in pain meanwhile I'll get him seen sooner. :wave:

Thank you to everyone for your words of encouragement. :wave:

Back