• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent rabbit dilemma - what to do? U/D He's home!

It does rather sound as though this was meant to be. Definately classed as a rescue! I love black bunnies and can't understand why they get overlooked. Good luck!

Off now to collect...erm...meet him.... :oops:

:lol::lol:

Let's be honest, there's no way you're going to leave him there if its a choice of coming home with you or being pts ;). It's definitely a 'rescue' in that sort of circumstance - fingers crossed all is well with the little chap x

Honeybunnies Mole says " it's fate..a black bunny called Mole..look forward to see him "

Mole.jpg

i think you've made up your mind already:D you are rescuing this bun!! and a bun will choose their hoomin parent, not the other way around.

another part of me believes that buns waiting for us at the bridge have a massive input, when i lost my little Lolly he met a bun called Barnsley, Barnsley wasn't meant to be at the bridge just yet and Lolly sent him back to earth as he knew that i would be able to look after him.

when my darling Barnsley went to the bridge to stay, he looked down and saw Bella and Edward, two little buns who needed a home indoors. they are not what i would call "rescue" buns but they were in need of a forever home that he knew i could provide and he brought us together.

em

Thank you for this. It is really odd that on the day I was thinkng of Drusilla in combing rescues for black uppy eared buns I got this phonecall!

He sounds like he is a very special boy and has been sent to you through fate. I really hope that he settles in well with your lot :)

He sounds like he is a very special boy and has been sent to you through fate. I really hope that he settles in well with your lot :)

Thank you. The main concern is his teeth - his incisors were massively overgrown due, we think, to incorrect diet. The vet he saw wasn't my rabbit savvy one and clipped them when he was conscious :shock: - I didn't think you were meant to do that - anyway I had a quick look and think they might be misaligned but will take him to my rabbit savvy vet once he's been neutered (Mole, not the vet) to see what he thinks.

He was left alone in his hutch for a couple of days after his owner died without food or water. :cry: The neighbour fed him after that but only food he got from the supermarket so probably mueseli mix and a few carrots, the vet thinks. A better diet may correct his teeth but I'm not very optimistic. :?

he needed you tinsel. if it was me and it was give him a home or pts, i'd manage somehow!!

welcome to your new home mole:love:

i think you've made up your mind already:D you are rescuing this bun!! and a bun will choose their hoomin parent, not the other way around.

another part of me believes that buns waiting for us at the bridge have a massive input, when i lost my little Lolly he met a bun called Barnsley, Barnsley wasn't meant to be at the bridge just yet and Lolly sent him back to earth as he knew that i would be able to look after him.

when my darling Barnsley went to the bridge to stay, he looked down and saw Bella and Edward, two little buns who needed a home indoors. they are not what i would call "rescue" buns but they were in need of a forever home that he knew i could provide and he brought us together.

em

This made me shiver.
I could never have put this into words but I came across some of my beloved buns because of the loss of other loved buns.
I think fate takes a big hand in us and how we find our pets.

Seems like Mole has dug himself out of a very nasty hole and landed firmly on his four furry paws :D one very lucky bunny!! and I agree this is 100% fate!!

It is fate :) Your perfect "tall dark and handsome" bunny comes along in dire need of a loving home just as you were looking for one. Just because he isn't AT a rescue doesn't mean he doesn't DESERVE to be rescued :) Each bun deserves it just as much as the other
Can't wait to see pictures :D x

Thank you. The main concern is his teeth - his incisors were massively overgrown due, we think, to incorrect diet. The vet he saw wasn't my rabbit savvy one and clipped them when he was conscious :shock: - I didn't think you were meant to do that - anyway I had a quick look and think they might be misaligned but will take him to my rabbit savvy vet once he's been neutered (Mole, not the vet) to see what he thinks.

He was left alone in his hutch for a couple of days after his owner died without food or water. :cry: The neighbour fed him after that but only food he got from the supermarket so probably mueseli mix and a few carrots, the vet thinks. A better diet may correct his teeth but I'm not very optimistic. :?

Well at least he has a CHANCE:thumb:. If left he would've died. Stay the vets he would've died. For me, he's on to a winner already ;) Give him the best home you can and show him love - it doesn't matter if it's short - it is better than a lifetime of misery in a hutch, ignored and forgotton.

Got him and although my camera can't download until the cable arrives Jill has supplied the picture anyway - he's a TWIN of this one! :love:

Well in that case, he's gorgeous! :love:

I think it was fate too. My cat Scratchy found me on the day my kitten Jake died. Nobody would take her. I knew Jake had sent her to me :love:

Mole is one lucky bun :) Hope he settles quickly and his teeth can be sorted with a good diet xx

I'm so glad you've decided to take him. There aren't many people who would take on a dental bunny, so I'd like to say a big 'thank you' :D

If it's his incisors, I very much doubt that a change in diet will prevent his teeth overgrowing...chances are his teeth just don't meet properly to wear down. Keep a close eye on his teeth because they may need doing every couple of weeks at worst. Also keep an eye out for signs of discomfort/pain,discoloured teeth or pus because one of the causes for malloclusion is tooth root infection.

Back