• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/D Mr Bennett has big spurs on his teeth. Having a dental.

Thanks everyone for your support. :love:

cannot believe both Cutie-pie and Mr Bennett have had a dental 8 days apart. Cutie-pies last dental was about 20 months ago, Mr Bennetts was in April 2012.

At least I know the signs now. Although Mr Bennett showed no interest in food but Cute-pie did but didn't eat it. He wasn't as bright looking as Cutie-pie, but then his teeth were worse. They didn't mention any sores though, I will ask when I phone.

Poor Mr Bennett. I've been out all day so missed this. Sending recovery vibes from myself, Spenser and The Bad Bunny. xxx

Awww thanks. :love:

Phoned the vets 10 minutes ago. Mr Bennett is bright and recovered well. Still not eating, so they are feeding him and he did have cuts in his tongue.

Aww bless him, I hope he starts eating again soon:wave: Poppy had a dental today and I've been worried sick all day:oops:

Awww thanks. :love:

Phoned the vets 10 minutes ago. Mr Bennett is bright and recovered well. Still not eating, so they are feeding him and he did have cuts in his tongue.

aww hope he feels much better now the nasty spurs have been sorted out, and hope he soon feels up to eating

Its scary isn't it. Is he home now ? Did you know or did you think Poppy was ill ?

Shes home now but these last two days have been awful. I'm used to poorly dogs but Poppy...I've not slept in 2 days worrying about her:( I noticed she was a bit 'off' on Wednesday, she was eating but just not as much and not with the gusto that she usually does. her poops were dark on Thursday so we went to get her checked over. They couldn't see any spurs but went on my gut feeling that something was wrong...dental today:cry:

The spurs were in her back teeth and were very small, no ulcers, abscesses etc. Shes doing okay and eating, weeing and pooping now:love::love: We just dont know how old she is and what to expect next really now though:?

Shes home now but these last two days have been awful. I'm used to poorly dogs but Poppy...I've not slept in 2 days worrying about her:( I noticed she was a bit 'off' on Wednesday, she was eating but just not as much and not with the gusto that she usually does. her poops were dark on Thursday so we went to get her checked over. They couldn't see any spurs but went on my gut feeling that something was wrong...dental today:cry:

The spurs were in her back teeth and were very small, no ulcers, abscesses etc. Shes doing okay and eating, weeing and pooping now:love::love: We just dont know how old she is and what to expect next really now though:?

I am pleased her teeth have been sorted now and eating. :love: Mr B was fine last night, although a bit slow with some parsley but he can get fussy anyway. Mr B is only 2 and a half and had his first dental last year, so only over a year old. With Cutie-pie I knew it had to be dental so didn't panic like I did today. She had one in 2011 and is 7 this month and we are not sure about her age either but she isn't young, unlike Mr B.

That is the problem with dentals, they are not obvious sometimes. The emergency vet ruled out a dental problem with Cutie-pie. It wasn't that obvious with my vets either, but they could see some small spurs. It was very obvious with Mr B today and I was relieved it wasn't something serious, because you never know when they stop eating.

So two bunnies have had a dental 8 days apart. What are the odds ?

I am pleased her teeth have been sorted now and eating. :love: Mr B was fine last night, although a bit slow with some parsley but he can get fussy anyway. Mr B is only 2 and a half and had his first dental last year, so only over a year old. With Cutie-pie I knew it had to be dental so didn't panic like I did today. She had one in 2011 and is 7 this month and we are not sure about her age either but she isn't young, unlike Mr B.

That is the problem with dentals, they are not obvious sometimes. The emergency vet ruled out a dental problem with Cutie-pie. It wasn't that obvious with my vets either, but they could see some small spurs. It was very obvious with Mr B today and I was relieved it wasn't something serious, because you never know when they stop eating.

So two bunnies have had a dental 8 days apart. What are the odds ?

8 days apart is bizarre isn't it? Your going to need a rest after all of this worry...I feel like I'm living on my nerves with her this last couple of days and I've only got the one to worry about:oops: I think Poppy is somewhere between 4-8...definitely not younger than 4 but its hard to tell isnt it, she was a stray.

I hope you get him eating soon:wave:

8 days apart is bizarre isn't it? Your going to need a rest after all of this worry...I feel like I'm living on my nerves with her this last couple of days and I've only got the one to worry about:oops: I think Poppy is somewhere between 4-8...definitely not younger than 4 but its hard to tell isnt it, she was a stray.

I hope you get him eating soon:wave:

That is a wide gap. Unfortunately I know vets cannot really tell the age of a bunny.

Yes, so stressed this morning. Cutie-pie spent a total of 4 nights at the both the vets but Mr B should only need the one night.

The only other pet with problems is one of my chins who has an eye prone to terrible infections and he has to have tear duct flushes. One of his roots is not great. All comes down to teeth problems.

That is a wide gap. Unfortunately I know vets cannot really tell the age of a bunny.

Yes, so stressed this morning. Cutie-pie spent a total of 4 nights at the both the vets but Mr B should only need the one night.

The only other pet with problems is one of my chins who has an eye prone to terrible infections and he has to have tear duct flushes. One of his roots is not great. All comes down to teeth problems.

I know our old bunny Bonnie died when she was nearly 13 and she didnt look 'old' at all. I keep looking at Pops and wondering how old she is, shes not a really active bun but moves around happily. I just hope we get lots of years with her:love::love:

I was amazed at my vets though, they only charge one fee for dentals...£48, that includes pain relief, antibiotics, critical care and a follow up appointment. They said they loose money on it but hope that it encourages more people to treat their buns:thumb:

I know our old bunny Bonnie died when she was nearly 13 and she didnt look 'old' at all. I keep looking at Pops and wondering how old she is, shes not a really active bun but moves around happily. I just hope we get lots of years with her:love::love:

I was amazed at my vets though, they only charge one fee for dentals...£48, that includes pain relief, antibiotics, critical care and a follow up appointment. They said they loose money on it but hope that it encourages more people to treat their buns:thumb:

Thats fantastic. :love: Did you see the thread I had on the horrendous nearly £900.00 (897.16), bill from the emergency vets and they did nothing other than board, feed Cutie-pie and administer meds.

My vets had Cutie-pie for 20 hours longer than the emergency vets and were not much over £150.00 for 57 hours of care, the dental and much more meds then the emergency vets.

Thats fantastic. :love: Did you see the thread I had on the horrendous nearly £900.00 (897.16), bill from the emergency vets and they did nothing other than board, feed Cutie-pie and administer meds.

My vets had Cutie-pie for 20 hours longer than the emergency vets and were not much over £150.00 for 57 hours of care, the dental and much more meds then the emergency vets.

I saw your other thread and tbh thought of it when I paid the bill. They are fab with the animals too, I really respect them:love:

Vet prices differ so much all around the country but at times its just plain ridiculous:evil:

Glad to read the update that it was something easy to sort and hope Mr Bennett is feeling a lot more comfortable now.

Back