• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Transport Essex to Cornwall TR26 2QP

yes - I travel to Surrey nearly every Monday morning;)

I can take on Mon 16 Nov at the moment - I can meet up quite close to Sutton around 10am. Just need to work out how to get Bobbi to me on the Mon morning - or he can stay Sun night in the house.

Just let me know if you need me! :wave:

i haven't got any where he could stay the night before so it really would have to be on the monday.

Its looking like its deffo going ahead and we will be coming up.:D

I may be your Rabbit Angel, I am in Crawley and coming down to Higherland which is near Stoke Climsland, Lauceston, 30 mins north of Plymouth on Friday 30th to arrive early evening.
Would you be able to pick him up from Higherland?

Someone on here said they could do Essex to M25 and then I could meet them on the M25 to bring down to Crawley. I have a spare hutch at the moment so basically anytime from now until Friday 30th I can pick up etc.

I have a Pet Taxi carrying box so can transfer him to that, have spare water bottles etc hay etc

I hope I can help.

hmm that may work but i won't be able to get up on the friday that far as OH doesn' finish work till early evening and would not be happy to drive for 4 + hours after working 9 hours.... is there anyway to get him on the saturday morning?

He can always stay with me overnight in Plymouth if you can get him near here I'll pick him up and you can collect from me on saturday.

I'm the one that can do Essex to the M25:lol:

I shall be going to Surrey on Tuesday next week, so can easily meet at J8 on the M25 - it would be around 9.30/10am.

let me know if it's a go!

He can always stay with me overnight in Plymouth if you can get him near here I'll pick him up and you can collect from me on saturday.

Thanks Timb0h, keeping the bunny overnight is not a problem as I will be going to a property that I own rather than staying in a hotel so can take a flat pack run to erect and take hay etc

I was wondering where in Cornwall his new owner is because we might be driving right past the door from Crawley to near Launceston on the Friday so could get him in his new home quicker.

Hi Crawley's Guinea Pig Rescue :) The new owner is in St Ives which is why this has been so tricky to arrange at this time of year!

So at the moment, it sounds as if we may have a plan!

Do we potentially have:

Me to Swalk on Mon/Tues next week

Swalk to J8 M25 Tues am around 9.30/10am (swalk what time do you leave Maldon and by what route?)

Crawley's Guinea Pig Rescue meeting Swalk and looking after Bobbi for a couple of days before taking to Launceston and possibly keeping him overnight there.

Shannon123 collecting from Crawley's GPR on either Fri eve or Saturday.

Does this make sense or have I read it all wrong? Shannon321 can you contact Starlights to sort out arrangements for adoption forms/fees etc, as there are other links in the chain it's probably easiest for you to do this directly :)

I will make sure he has enough of his normal diet with him so that even if he's having a disruption to his normal routine, at least his food will be constant :)

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
wow, sounds like this is coming together, i'm a happy bunny :D

i'm going to contact starlights tomorrow to arrange forms/fees etc.

I feed science selective anyways so he's not gonna have to have a change of diet when he gets here.

I can one hundred percent get up on a saturday morning.

I'm in st ives which isn't quite as far as lands end but not far off!

thanks sooo much everyone :D

that's fine by me.
I shall be in Chelmsford on Mon afternoon so could pick up Bobbi then. He'd stay overnight away from Rascal and Charlie! :p
I normally leave 8.15 to 8.30 but don't go via the A12 so it would add another good 40 mins onto my journey if I picked him up on tues morning.
let me know what's best - if you could remind me of your address and tel no as well that would be great.

As for meeting up at J8 on the M25 on Tues morning.....as you come up Reigate Hill towards the big roundabout if you go straight over there is a layby on the left hand side. that would be the easiest to meet up at. If you let me have your mobile I can call you once I'm past Clackett Lane.....;)

fingers crossed it all workes out!

OK brill it looks as if this could work then :)

Please could everyone in the 'chain' pm the next person in the 'chain' to agree handover time/locations, swap phone numbers etc, then hopefully we can confirm tomorrow that this is able to go ahead and he can be on his way to his new home this week :)

i.e. - me to Swalk,

Swalk to Crawley GPR

Crawley GPR to Shannon321.

That's right isn't it?

yes, i think so! lol

Just conformation from crawley GPR and its all agreed :D wow better place an order for some nice goodies to spoil him when he gets here!

I'll put in some of his favourite treats when he was with me :p

if all had gone to plan, Bobbi would be with Rascal and Charlie now...:(:(

I am so glad that he has found somewhere to call his home. He is such a cute little guy. Really friendly..:love:

don't you worry he'll be spoilt rotten here, i can't wait to see bun bun with another rabbit, she is sooo lonely and i feel so bad for her!!

I've pm'd kris RE forms and fees etc i can't wait to get the cutie home!

What are his favourite treats and type of hay?? also toys is he interested in any?

Just a very quick reply as I have to get out in the garden and do 8 hutch cleans before bedtime.
These times are fine with me, I will pm swalk (infact I will text) and pm shannon tomorrow but lets do this and get this bunny in a home!!!!:):):):)

Brilliant, it looks like Bobbi will be in his new home by this time next week :D

Shannon321 - he's not really hugely into 'toys' as such, he likes to jump on and in things and sit on top of things, and he loves sitting in his wicker basket which I fill with hay :) He quite likes tunnels but seems to prefer them in a 'play time' area rather than in his house...fussy boy! He's pretty much ignored any other type of toy I've tried to give him :roll:

His main excitement in life is food, he does like his grub! He's just been eating the normal farm hay I get by the bale here and he's pretty happy with that. He's not the best hay eater I've ever had but he's not bad - he prefers grass so get yerself outdoors with a pair of scissors!

He also uses a high sided corner litter tray here, as I've found that he sticks his bum in the air when he goes to the loo so the wee was trickling down the back of a normal size tray. Since I got a big corner one it's never been a problem :)

i've Pm'd kris on here but not heard back yet, i dont want to hassel her as know she's very busy should i email her too?

:wave: Bobbi has just left mine, so the first stage of the journey is underway! Hooray :D

Back