• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Transport Essex to Cornwall TR26 2QP

Only just seen this and possibly too late to help but...

I'm travelling via kayj's in Bolton to Taunton on Sunday 5 October. If Bobbi could be got to kayj's, I could collect him when I drop my two off with her. Then someone would need to collect Bobbi from me at junction 26 of the M5 for the rest of his journey (or I could hand him over at any earlier point of the M5 if that's easier for someone).

Thanks for the offer Muppet2 (and all the other offers of assistance we've had too :)) Do you mean Sun 4th or Mon 5th?

I don't suppose anyone would be able to get Bobbi from Essex across to somewhere like Bristol this weekend so that he could meet up with Muppet2 there on her way down to Taunton, could they? Apart from the fact that getting a run to Manchester is pretty unlikely, I think it would make it too long-a journey for the little chap; Essex to Cornwall is long enough as it is, without an 8-hour return journey in the wrong direction at the start of it!

Still hoping to get Bobbi down to his new home very soon :)

this has gone quite now :( i dont want to pester people as i realise that any one who helps isdoing me (and bobbi!!) a big favour.

But surely someones coming to cornwall on holiday? i keep thinking of bobbi all on his todd when he coul be here settling in nicely!

If nothings sorted by november im gonna make my other half drive me to london for my birthday and we'l pick him up on the way back down!

I can get Bobbi to the south side of the M25 - junction 10, the A3 on Mon morning if anyone can meet me in that area?

Well if "louise and Gus" or "Santa" are still planning their trips and could drop him off at RRR in weymouth then I can still bring him from there down to plymouth on virtually any weekend (just not this weekend 10/10/09). If that is possible I think it's the best option as it would only be a few long journeys with a break inbetween, rather than taking lots of little trips and lots of detours.

:wave: Hi guys, I haven't forgotten, I don't have use of a car right now so I just can't do anything to help with the run at the moment :( Thanks for all the offers so far, hopefully we can tie some of them up together at some point.

Its looking unlikely at the moment that I'll be heading to Portsmouth next Fri (and if I do go I'll be catching a lift with someone else) so if anyone else is heading that way, please shout and we'll try and match something up...it would be so great to get Bobbi to his new home as soon as possible :)

At least there's a final back-up plan in November if this can't be sorted before then - but it would be wonderful if it could be!

I might be able to help with a little section in the middle! It seems a shame this bun is still waiting to go to his new home.
I live in Southampton so could potentially pick him up in this area and drive him as far as Bournemouth. This is all I can really manage driving wise...but if it helps i'm willing to do it.
I'm free pretty much all the time except Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. :wave:
There is a possibility he could have a night's stay with us if needed in our spare room, but I would need an absolute guarantee that he was vaccinated up to date before I bring him into my home.
Let me know if I can help :wave:

:wave: Thankies...will definitely consider your offer if we can tie the rest of it up :) His vaccines are definitely up to date - I won't have any here that aren't up to date either :) I have his vaccination card to show that too.

we are off to dorchester from camberley in surrey one day this week....I think this is on the way to cornwall? if we can help part of the journey let me know..:wave:

well the offer is there....plans have slightly changed, we are arriving in Charminster, at 6pm and will be there about an hour.can take a bunny back as far as about guildford if that helps....

did bobbi get to his new home???:roll:
I really hope he has.....I would drive all the way with him if I could....:cry:

nope, not yet but we are gonna come up and get him at the start of november if nothing else has been sorted by then which is only a couple of weeks away!

Not sorted yet - alas we've had lots of offers for bits of it but been unable to tie them up into a cohesive journey so far :(

Shannon321 - do you know your dates/itinerary for London yet? It might be worth posting that up when you know so that we can see if we can get him nearer to your London location in time for you to be collecting him and taking him back again if it can't be sorted to get him down to you before then :)

Alternatively you can of course drive up to mine and collect him from here but we are well into Essex (between Chelmsford and Stansted airport) so still a good driving distance from where you are likely to be.

we won't mind coming up to get him, no set dates as off yet but they will be getting decided this week, it'll most likely and hopefully be the 13th through 16th so would be looking to collect on the 16th.

We stay in sutton, surrey which is about an hour and halfs drive away but obviously it'll be easier if anyone is coming down that way :)

Cool - if you could confirm when you know for certain that would be great :) Are you staying somewhere where it might be possible for him to stay the night of the 15th if someone can bring him down at the weekend? If not I think swalk said she often travels down towards Surrey on Monday mornings so that might be a possibility? Fingers crossed, it sounds like we at least have a 'back up' plan if we can't get him down to you before then :)

Back