• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Over-use of the 'Wink' Emoticon Thread -(Single Buns etc

Bavarian Bunny said:
And why should a one-eyed rabbit fall under "exceptional circumstances"? .

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is this to provoke me to say something stupid. as I'm sooooooo getting on your nerves. :wink:

AlisonA said:
What's more important - writing great paragraphs so a person doesn't take offence, or looking after the buns :wink: Especially as shown above - if people don't read it anyway it isn't going to avoid responding to emails and calls.

Is it really our place to tell rescues that they can't have 10 minutes of light relief by chatting on a forum, instead they should be working solidly from dawn till dusk :wink: I don't think that's my place. If I feel strongly enough about it, I'd offer to help rescues to update their web pages to ensure that things are clear, instead of criticising them for not doing it.

Writing great paragraphs

SOAD said:
Bavarian Bunny said:

Is this to provoke me to say something stupid. as I'm sooooooo getting on your nerves. :wink:

Naaaaaah, there's no need for that.

It's just my opinion. I had a one-eyed cat, I didn't treat it any differently because it had one eye only.

Denny said:
mandy said:
Denny said:
does this not prompt responsible people going to the free ads for a rabbit which then, fuels the petshops :? :? :?

I dont understand this comment- how is rehoming an unwanted PET off freeads (ie. child got bored etc not from a breeder) fuelling petshops? :?

I cant see anything wrong in giving a freeads animal a home- only good in fact. Only problem is the potential dent in your purse if you end up with a pregnant or sick rabbit!

Hi Mandy

My comment regarding taking buns from the free ads was not refering to the 'free' ones, the majority of free ad rabbits are actually priced which then shows the advertiser that there is money to be made in breeding rabbits ie: if you had a litter of say 7 and sold them at £10 each, thats an easy £70 made for doing nothing :wink: and as we know, many are higher priced than this :wink: if the demand is there the supply will be there :wink: It also shows others that there is money to be made and so hence going to a petshop for a rabbit to breed from :( (only the truely experienced breeder would know the in's and outs of how to breed properly but to a novice, the easiest thing to do is go to a petshop where there will be 'no questions asked' :wink:

Sadly there is also another side to rehoming for free and that is, there is and always will be a percentage of people who just love baby animals and do not see an adult animal as cute anymore and so rehome the adult only to be replaced with a 'cute' baby. I have witnessed as well as seen a person who will rehome an adult animal only to then go out and get a puppy, kitten, :cry: all of which fuels some-ones pockets but mainly petshops.

I am not saying that the free rabbits dont deserve a home and appreciate that there are some really genuine cases out there but until these people realise that they are not an easy come easy go purchase they will never learn. :

Hi Denny I'm anti breeding and know all the issues about breeders and pet shops and would never buy an animal for this reason. :wink:

However, if you believe that by taking a 'free to a good home' pet is potentially freeing up space for the old owners just to go and buy a baby animal, then you must believe that that is exactly what rescues are doing also- the only difference is they have not called up voluntarily to take the animal! :wink: I know there's a whole thread on this somewhere :lol:
(Im not talking about rehoming unwanted breeder 'stock' which is a slightly more contentious issue as that is almost certainly freeing up space for more 'stock'.)

I agree that people need to learn that animals are not disposable :evil: , but not taking in unwanted animals is not the way to do it IMO. Perhaps restrictions on petshops is the way to go?

This is a bit off topic really isnt it! :lol:

BTW I only used capitals to enphasise words which can easily be missed when reading quickly, Im not 'shouting', sorry :) .

Bavarian Bunny said:
SOAD said:
Bavarian Bunny said:

Naaaaaah, there's no need for that.

It's just my opinion. I had a one-eyed cat, I didn't treat it any differently because it had one eye only.

I didn't only say it was because he had one eye though, I pointed out three things, one that he was old, two the eye and three he was an house bun. Some people only do have one house bunny, I was saying I can see why Suzie thought it was exceptional circumstances..

BTW, if you have a problem with me it would be nice to have had a pm off you, not have you play a nasty little game and for me to read about it else where.

Oh, I've been reading this and have to wade in now.

I think all the rescues in this site do a fantastic job. Please be as fussy as you want when rehoming an animal to me. I may learn from you, and if I disagree with your reasoning, then I will strengthen my convictions by thinking about why I disagree. I do know of an animal 'sanctuary' that is never too full to take on more animals, and is very grateful to anybody who comes to take a rabbit away. You can turn up with a cardboard box lined with newspaper and take away as many unneutered, unvaccinated, unsexed rabbits as you want. This makes me angry. Having very high criteria that I do not necessarily meet or agree with does not.

I feel better now

Lucy

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: Nothing to do with the actual topic of the thread just the title!

I am gutted that I have to go to work all day - I have had to spend ages reading all of this!

And for good measure - :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

2.gif

2.gif

2.gif

:lol:

Back