• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding..bunny screamed is this the final straw?

Can someone else go with you to the vet? Or find one that will come to you? There are mobie vet practices, as well as ones that offer home visits.

I agree with Jane, in that when keeping animals, vets are a must. The animals rely on you as their caregiver, they can't take themselves.

Well as I said, if anyone takes on any Pet then consulting a Vet when the Pet is sick is the owners legal responsibility. I am not trying to be unkind to you or dismissive of your trauma. It is valid and very real. But the welfare of animals must always come first. If, for whatever reason, we are not able to provide the care they need then we must evaluate whether we should have Pets.

I too have had some dreadful experiences with a couple of Vets who, IMO, harmed my Dog and one of my previous Rabbits. But I don’t think all Vets are ‘bad’ based on those two dreadful experiences several years ago.

What would you do if one of your Rabbits became unwell now?

As I said, I really am not trying to minimise how profoundly you have been effected by what happened to Teddy. It was an awful experience and one that most people would struggle to process. But you do have a responsibility, both moral and legal, to meet the welfare needs of the Rabbits you still have. One of those responsibilities is to seek Veterinary attention if any of them are sick or injured. Not doing so would be breaking the law.

The Animal Welfare Act 2006

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/45/contents

Hi, no of course id take them if poorly but I would not trust them at all. Iv lostvall faith, but obviously I still need to take them.

I'll have to look into this.the vets are wary of me because I kicked up a fuss due to their neglect so hopefully I'll be allowed with them on all visits, dont want them out of my sight

Last edited:
Back