• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

the most emaciated bunny/ dental tomorrow/ bad news

Like you say the photos probably don't show her true condition. She looks thin but probably not as bad as she is. What a lovely little rabbit though. Hopefully you can post some more in a few weeks showing her fatter and full of life.

Hope you have a great christmas and new year. It seems that a lot of rabbits are off to the vets on Thursdays, I know Doughnut is!

Like you say the photos probably don't show her true condition. She looks thin but probably not as bad as she is. What a lovely little rabbit though. Hopefully you can post some more in a few weeks showing her fatter and full of life.

Hope you have a great christmas and new year. It seems that a lot of rabbits are off to the vets on Thursdays, I know Doughnut is!

Put it this way, when i put my hand in the carrier to pick her out without having seen her, I cried out and pulled my hand straight out. Steve thought I had been bitten but it was just the shock of touching such a bony bunny, just couldn't believe it :(

Put it this way, when i put my hand in the carrier to pick her out without having seen her, I cried out and pulled my hand straight out. Steve thought I had been bitten but it was just the shock of touching such a bony bunny, just couldn't believe it :(

I really don't know how you do it. I would be in tears all of the time. The last few months I've been in tears of despair with Doughnut but things are at last getting better now it's been acknowledged that she is ill!

Fingers crossed your little one is on the mend and at least you now know she is pain free and will always have food.

Took this video earlier, not very good I'm afraid as was running out of hands! I also don't usually use a metal spoon for the bunnies either, blame it on me trying to do 30 things at once today......

Gosh, I had hoped Hermione would have seen a Vet a week ago when I pointed out a problem :cry:

I am sure she must be feeling better now as at least she has pain relief. Hopefully there will be a happy outcome for her in the long term

Sending lots of vibes :love:

Bless them both. :love: Hopefully she will gain weight well, and be fit for whatever treatment is needed. I know there is a limit to what can be done for severe tooth root issues. :(

bloomin' heck, you weren't kidding when you said she'd have the spoon if she could :lol: poor little darling, i hope both she and angelica will have a happy ending xx

You can tell by her eyes that she's been through a lot. I am so, so glad they're both safe with you now. There's nowhere on earth they'd be better off than with you two. Poor sweethearts. Well done to all concerned with getting them to you asap. I cannot express my disgust with the monsters who did this to her. It's uncharitable, especially at Christmas but I really do hope these people and all the evil monsters who hurt people, animals and children do pay for what they've done one day. The sooner the better too. Love to these special buns and all your special buns.

Just a quick update on Hermione - she has been eating really well over the Christmas period and had a full assessment at the vets this morning. not the easiest thing to do as she went crazy at being held :( Her teeth and roots are in a dreadful state. Her molars are going into her tongue :cry: The vet was horrified at her over all condition. She obviously needs an urgent dental but we need to balance that with her overall health so we are continuing with pain relief and feeding up for a little longer, especially as she is eating so enthusiastically and she will have a dental, x-rays and probably bloods too under GA on January 2nd

Awww. Bless her. :(

Grimlock would like to recommend bunny baby food which is porridge oats cooked with water, apple and banana and then pureed. ;)

Lots of weight gaining vibes for the 2nd!

She really does look tiny :( poor little thing. The video of her eating was adorable, looks like she's very enthusiastic to get better :)

Bless her. She certainly seems to have good spirits, hopefully that will help her on 2nd January. xxx

Sending loads of vibes for this little one. Will keep everything crossed for her on the 2nd. xx

Oh Liz, after all you have been though this week I don't know how you find the strength to take on more poorly bunnies, you and Steve are just wonderful. These bunnies have ended up in the best possible place, hope they can both be brought back to full strength and have may happy years ahead xx

Back