• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Great RU Bunny Treat Bakeathon

Just discovered this thread.

I'd love to give bunny treats a go. I have a huge coffee grinder in the garage which has never been used I wonder if it will be able to grind pellets?

Can I suggest to the person who was struggling to find somewhere warm to dry out their treats (sorry, can't find post now!) to put the tray on a chair or stool next to the radiator - I do this when proving bread dough.

I haven't baked any bunny treats yet as I ordered too small a bag of SS (by mistake). I definitely will try them out before Xmas though, would make a great gift for my little ones :D

Oh Liz!!! My parents are obsessed with keeping drains clear so I wiped the bowl out with kitchen roll before washing it up. :lol:

Ive baked some Bunny treats! ive tried before and it didnt really work....and have been really busy so havent had time to try again till now! I decided to add fresh herbs form the garden...so rosemary & lavender and then some chopped hay, carrot, banana, oats and nuggets with water. Oven was at 50 degrees for 3 hours and then left to cool....there were a few still soft - so I popped them into the mircowave for a couple of minutes to really harden. Here are my results!:wave:

Preperation:)
P1100492.jpg

Lavender & Rosemary all chopped, Nuggets soaked and mashed, Carrot chopped...ready to mix all together!
P1100494.jpg

Ready for the oven!
P1100495.jpg

Ta daaaaaa!
P1100496.jpg

ALL bunny approved....and Ive pics to of them all munching away - but three pics so a few many to add already I thought!:lol::love:

aah the last pic is the wrong way round..sorry about that.:roll::lol: My nice display too!:lol:

:wave:thankyou! I need to do more now too that I know they work! OH was complaining the whole house smelt!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

They look great!! I love the bunny shapes, I dug a star out the back of a draw but haven't tried it out yet :D

You look like a professional chief with all you ingredients set out ready, can you imagine turning up to ready steady cook with a bag a rosemary, hay, carrots n bunny food :lol:

You look like a professional chief with all you ingredients set out ready, can you imagine turning up to ready steady cook with a bag a rosemary, hay, carrots n bunny food :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

aah thanks guys!

A professional...yeah with all the bunny ingredients for ready steady cook!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Try the star - should look great!:thumb:

Ive baked some Bunny treats! ive tried before and it didnt really work....and have been really busy so havent had time to try again till now! I decided to add fresh herbs form the garden...so rosemary & lavender and then some chopped hay, carrot, banana, oats and nuggets with water. Oven was at 50 degrees for 3 hours and then left to cool....there were a few still soft - so I popped them into the mircowave for a couple of minutes to really harden. Here are my results!:wave:

Preperation:)
P1100492.jpg

Lavender & Rosemary all chopped, Nuggets soaked and mashed, Carrot chopped...ready to mix all together!
P1100494.jpg

Ready for the oven!
P1100495.jpg

Ta daaaaaa!
P1100496.jpg

ALL bunny approved....and Ive pics to of them all munching away - but three pics so a few many to add already I thought!:lol::love:

aah the last pic is the wrong way round..sorry about that.:roll::lol: My nice display too!:lol:

They look really good! Did you use a set amount of ingredients? Only if I don't work to proper measures then they are bound to be a DIS-AST-ERRRRRR!

thanks!

umm...not really...you can work it out though...

Nuggets - was 1 pint glass jug full - I added abit of water and then abit more if it didnt soak it up and become mushy after a while. Dont add too much else it wont dry out in the middle of the cookies when cooking. I added anough so the nuggets were mashable.
2 carrots - which I put in a food processor
1 banana - which I mashed before adding
2 handful of choped rosemary (leave out the stalks and just chop the leaves - I did chop a few stalks down)
2 handfuls of chopped lavender
4 handfuls of small pieces of hay - or less depending on how mushy your mixture is..you dont want to add so much it all falls apart and doesnt stay in a biscuit shape.
2 handfuls of oats

You can add as much hay, herbs as you want really..its texture of the "dough" you want right so its not tooo mushy and wet and not too dry so it doesnt keep its shape...;)

Mix together, cut and bake:thumb:

It made about 45 biscuits thought - so quite alot!:lol:
Hope this helps..Im always throwing stuff together..Im terrible at measuring!:oops::lol: and then I wonder why things dont work out!:lol::lol::lol:

thanks!

umm...not really...you can work it out though...

Nuggets - was 1 pint glass jug full - I added abit of water and then abit more if it didnt soak it up and become mushy after a while. Dont add too much else it wont dry out in the middle of the cookies when cooking. I added anough so the nuggets were mashable.
2 carrots - which I put in a food processor
1 banana - which I mashed before adding
2 handful of choped rosemary (leave out the stalks and just chop the leaves - I did chop a few stalks down)
2 handfuls of chopped lavender
4 handfuls of small pieces of hay - or less depending on how mushy your mixture is..you dont want to add so much it all falls apart and doesnt stay in a biscuit shape.
2 handfuls of oats

You can add as much hay, herbs as you want really..its texture of the "dough" you want right so its not tooo mushy and wet and not too dry so it doesnt keep its shape...;)

Mix together, cut and bake:thumb:

It made about 45 biscuits thought - so quite alot!:lol:
Hope this helps..Im always throwing stuff together..Im terrible at measuring!:oops::lol: and then I wonder why things dont work out!:lol::lol::lol:

Very helpful thank you!

Ive decided to bake R&R some treats today as ive got some spare time (because of strike). I soaked the pellets in water added chopped carrots, oats, mashed banana and flour. I have put them in the oven at
200'c. How long do they need to be in there for? :wave:

Ive decided to bake R&R some treats today as ive got some spare time (because of strike). I soaked the pellets in water added chopped carrots, oats, mashed banana and flour. I have put them in the oven at
200'c. How long do they need to be in there for? :wave:

I would turn the oven down to around 100 or they will burn and leave them until they have dried out, which will be a good few hours :wave:

I've been baking today and have sent two take away tubs to Animals In Need Northampton :) those were apple flavour with a crunchie stuck on to of each :D

Sebastian has some waiting to be cooked which have some dried herbs in :wave:

I've been baking today and have sent two take away tubs to Animals In Need Northampton :) those were apple flavour with a crunchie stuck on to of each :D

Sebastian has some waiting to be cooked which have some dried herbs in :wave:

Will the honeycomb not get stuck in their teeth ;)

Back