• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Great RU Bunny Treat Bakeathon

ohh I used to bake treats for my buns all the time :love: as it gets so expensive to buy enough treats for all mine :(,

not baked any in a while, but will do some for this

I like the idea of rolling it out and cutting it up. I broke mine into bits and made individual ones.. which was the most time consuming bit of the cooking :lol:

My ingredients were oats, pellets, banana, fenugreek.

I'm going try some more flavours for secret santa!

I like the idea of rolling it out and cutting it up. I broke mine into bits and made individual ones.. which was the most time consuming bit of the cooking :lol:

:lol: it's awful isn't it?! I've tried making stuff a few times before and rolled it into balls and stuff, I was there about 40 minutes :shock: Also it's very therapeutic smooshing all the goop into the chopping board :mrgreen:!

Also, how did your recipe go? Was the consistency good? I'm gonna play with some more flavours!

I've got a hugeee bag of parsley that's just begging to be made into treats!

Yep, the banana was great for sticking it together but it still dried out without being sticky after cooking. Here they are:

IMG_0928b.jpg

I did have a bit of trouble peeling them off the grease proof though, they baked on well.

Has anyone tried anything with grass? I was wondering about the haycake style 'cookies' you see for sale.

I tried some with hay and spent ages cutting it up with scissors!! There has to be an easier way :lol: I also wondered about using the dried grass I have?! But again it would be how to chop it finely enough!

What temp setting and how long is everyone baking the biscuits for?

These were the last things I baked in my oven before it broke! It won't be fixed anytime soon :(
bunnybiscuits.jpg

These are 1 cup pulverised SS pellets, burns green oat hay, handful of oats, 1 banana, 1 apple and mixed together with some apple juice!

Last edited:
All these treats look bunny yummy. I want to join in. I might take my extras to a rabbit rescue. That is if Julie lets me.

Mine are done :D and Alfie and Bubbles have already given them their seal of approval. :love:

I used the 'lazy method'. :oops::oops: I couldn't be bothered to grind the pellets up by hand so I popped them in a bag, smashed them up a little bit with a hammer, and then just added some water and left them to soak for 30 minutes or so until they were all soft and smooshy.
DSCF6056.jpg

I added an apple, some porridge oats and some very finely chopped timothy hay & then squidged it into a ball (it doesn't look very appetising here :mrgreen:)
DSCF6057.jpg

Just about to go in the oven:
DSCF6059.jpg

And after an afternoon in the oven on a low heat (I didn't think they were ever going to dry out lol). I didn't make many because I wasn't sure how they would turn out but next time I'm going to make a bigger batch so I'm not wasting electric. :oops:
DSCF6060600x450.jpg

What temp setting and how long is everyone baking the biscuits for?
Mine took about 3 hours (!) at around 80 degrees in a fan oven.

Has anyone got any idea of how much dust they've used? Just I have a small pot full of pellet dust that I've been saving for biscuits but have no idea of how much to use.

Karen I love the jigsaw shapes :D

I usually pop them in at 100 degrees fort he first hour and then turn it down to 50 for the next 6 hours.

Elena I usually use 300g of pellets :)

I did it by eye in the end, i reckon there must've been a little under 300g but not by much. They're in the oven so, who knows, will see what happens!!

Karen I love the jigsaw shapes :D
Thank you; I used a sandwich cutter. I thought Alfie and Bubbles could at least have fun doing a puzzle if they weren't good enough to eat. :lol::lol:

I did it by eye in the end, i reckon there must've been a little under 300g but not by much. They're in the oven so, who knows, will see what happens!!
I did mine by eye too and they seem to have come out ok.

I was going to leave the oven on for two hours until midnight when I'm planning on going to sleep and then leave them in the oven overnight. I know they really need longer than that but I'm banking on the fact I can always put the oven on again tomorrow and finish them off.

I don't think I used that much, maybe a couple of level tablespoons? I needed a splash of water to get it the right consistency.

I used two baby apples, one and a half baby carrots, small pot of pellet dust and a tablespoon of oats plus a few splashes of water. They were almost fully dried out when i checked about half an hour ago.

Back