• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tapla & her unnamed boyfriend are home!

All is still going well! I'll be picking them up on Saturday. Alice is planning to move them into the boarding facilities today, which is a 6 x 4 shed with a 8 x 4 (ish) aviary at the front so I'm very pleased for them both about that! It means I won't have to section off the shed and means I should be able to give them access to their run in a decent timeframe.

I've sorted insurance for him today. He has an exclusion on the policy as he had mites when he came in, so if he has any skin related problems in the first year they won't be covered. If he doesn't have any issues in 12 months the exclusion will come off.

In other news I am not sure about his name! I have a few other options so I think I'm going to wait and see what suits him best...

All is still going well! I'll be picking them up on Saturday. Alice is planning to move them into the boarding facilities today, which is a 6 x 4 shed with a 8 x 4 (ish) aviary at the front so I'm very pleased for them both about that! It means I won't have to section off the shed and means I should be able to give them access to their run in a decent timeframe.

I've sorted insurance for him today. He has an exclusion on the policy as he had mites when he came in, so if he has any skin related problems in the first year they won't be covered. If he doesn't have any issues in 12 months the exclusion will come off.

In other news I am not sure about his name! I have a few other options so I think I'm going to wait and see what suits him best...

Lovely news :love:

Just had another update, apparently they sit snuggled together most of the time so I think they must be in love :love:

oZJ9LF0.jpg

Guess who's home :love:

9SQd8FM.jpg

5sAB3F5.jpg

OajoktF.jpg

O698oJC.jpg

7RIRVRW.jpg

He really enjoyed the parsley and will not stop eating readigrass! He's such a pig, it's fabulous :love:

Apparently they spend all their time snuggled up together, I can believe that! This is one of them when I picked them up from the rescue:

sC4N3mX.jpg

I'm so in love!

Guess who's home :love:

9SQd8FM.jpg

5sAB3F5.jpg

OajoktF.jpg

O698oJC.jpg

7RIRVRW.jpg

He really enjoyed the parsley and will not stop eating readigrass! He's such a pig, it's fabulous :love:

Apparently they spend all their time snuggled up together, I can believe that! This is one of them when I picked them up from the rescue:

sC4N3mX.jpg

I'm so in love!

That is such a very beautiful and lovely love story Yaretzi :love::love::love::love::love:

Yaretzi, I was thinking about you and the love buns today :love:

How are they both getting on, and did you decide on a name for Sir? x

Oh my, I didn't realize the newlyweds were home! :love:
Awww...they look so happy together. Nena would approve. :love: xxxx

Thanks everyone! I thought I'd come back on RU to update you all! They are still very much in love and I think the name Winston has stuck :love:

I opened the door to their runaround tube up a long time ago but Winnie did not understand that he should go down it! I popped him in the run one day and he enjoyed it, but after a few hours I realised he couldn't get back out, so I had to carry him back to the shed. After a while I realised he sometimes can't jump very far and his legs splay out awkwardly, so I took him to the vets who confirmed he has some hind limb muscle weakness/wastage, likely because he was in very small accommodation for his first 4 years. He can hop about fine but I think he struggles going down the runaround tube.

So after no more progress I decided I had to plan some steps to help him! I took 4ft of the runaround tube out and put it in the shed and he did managed to get down it which was great. Then one day I let them out for a run around in the garden and Winston stayed in the shed bless him, but that night he managed to get down the runaround tube (all 24ft of it!) into the run. He couldn't manage to get back inside though so I had to bring him back in myself again.

Since then I've let him out in the garden again (and had to put Winston outside because he still wouldn't come out!) so I am hoping that eventually he will get brave enough to go down the tube and come back in all by himself! His legs should improve a little over time with exercise and space but I think it's also confidence... just general confidence, and confidence in his legs.

He is such a funny, greedy boy! He is so clumsy and such a doofus, he's forever knocking their pellets flying across the shed and has knocked Tapla off their platforms a couple of times :roll: Tapla loves him and gives him licks, but Winston hasn't figured out how to reciprocate yet! They are forever snuggled up together. Winston has always got his head stuck in some sort of food... he loves readigrass more than any other food and gets so excited when I refill their hay! He is just the greediest thing we've ever seen, but I've given him half of a grape a few times and he's turned his nose up! Tapla and Nena used to love the odd grape shared between them but Winston will stick to his grass apparently :lol:.

TAbRauS.jpg

BHzBsMD.jpg

gHhD0zx.jpg

0r0fWhp.jpg

kEFYw3g.jpg

FZtfdml.jpg

T3r47sM.jpg

FTtxGRd.jpg

e3V0xg4.jpg

g9lsUKr.jpg

Back