• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Started Bonding!! U/D Photos added. Day 5. U/D Extended it.

i have been watching this hun and keep looking at your pics...seems like its going well dont extend cage too soon lol....sending more bonding vibes for u hun :love::love::love:

I won't extend till probably Thursday at the earliest, wispa is still a little wary of Dylan. Although he is getting better, and is moving about a lot more. Can't wait for them to get snuggly together and start grooming each other.

How long does bonding usually take? How long has your rabbits taken to bond. And how will I know before they are together and I can move them down to the shed?

It varies rabbit to rabbit, but the whole long process takes many months and is constantly evolving. When you decide they are safe to be left together, that does not mean their bonding has finished.

You need a clear 72 hours of no problems before expanding the size they are in (even just a little bit). I would only put them out in the shed once you can trust them to be in a space that size (and obviously you have neutralised it, etc).

It varies rabbit to rabbit, but the whole long process takes many months and is constantly evolving. When you decide they are safe to be left together, that does not mean their bonding has finished.

You need a clear 72 hours of no problems before expanding the size they are in (even just a little bit). I would only put them out in the shed once you can trust them to be in a space that size (and obviously you have neutralised it, etc).
I've had 25 hours with no fighting, but there has been a little bit chasing today. I'll probably wait till Friday before I give them some more space. I have got until the end of this week off, do you think it would be okay for them to go in there the start of next week, if everything goes okay? Or is that too soon?
I'm going out tomorrow to completely disinfectant the shed, and completely clean it out.

Had a quiet night last night *jumps for joy*...
Wispa is moving around much more, and when I woke up this morning, he was the opposite end of the dog crate :) They've been munching on hay most of the morning, will give them their breakfast in a minute.

Can't wait to see them in the shed together :love:

Had a quiet night last night *jumps for joy*...
Wispa is moving around much more, and when I woke up this morning, he was the opposite end of the dog crate :) They've been munching on hay most of the morning, will give them their breakfast in a minute.

Can't wait to see them in the shed together :love:

Awe it sounds like it's going well! :D it's funny seeing a big bun with a little bun :)

I've just been out for the first time, only for about 15mins or so, when I went to the shop :)

oh I panicked when I went out yesterday leaving them alone for the first time

also when you increase the pen size expect some humping as they adjust to the new size I have been told this is normal, yuri did it a few times and now they are back to snuggly normal

Back