• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

... some successful rehoming vibes ?? UD their other bunny now for rehoming!!

I think this rabbit will be adorable. She won't let me stroke her this morning and seemed really wary but she wasn't in the least bit aggressive or territorial, I just think she needs time to feel safe and to do this on her terms... and the spay of course. Not sure she will ever be a cuddle-bun but definitely think she can be a tame, calm bunny.

I'm wondering about an "_inky" name for her given that I've just lost Binky.... we need to fit in with Tinky and Dinky. ... we could also have another "E" alongside Erin, Elijah, Esme and Eloise ...

Thank you. Yes, the bunny butt was definitely something she was communicating to me when I was out there with my camera :lol:

:lol:

I rehomed three rabbits to someone a few years ago, and she called me back within a few months to talk to me about their litter training. I went to see them. It was so funny, as I was looking at them all in their litter tray and talking with the hooman, they all turned their little butts on me :lol: There's no doubt they know how to communicate!

:censored::censored: Well, 5 weeks on and their other rabbit is up for rehoming, just as predicted :censored:

"Stripe as we call her is an English spot rabbit she is around 6mths old. Stripe has herringbone markings with spots and gold and white in colour. She is the friendliest
rabbit and loves to be handled and cuddled. Unfortunately
my son has lost interest
and stripe deserves a lot of love so she is looking
for a loving home."

What really beggers belief is the daughter allegedly was talked into rehoming her bunny as she wasn't friendly so wasn't getting their money's worth :censored: This bunny is described as friendly but son has lost interest ... I've a simple suggestion for you - give the friendly rabbit to your daughter who wants a friendly rabbit - problem solved. :censored: GRRR.

She actually looks a bit thin in the pictures which doesn't surprise me, she didn't move about at all when I was there collecting Eliza and there was no shelter in the hutch at all. If I hadn't taken on Scally I would have gone back for this bunny but I think Scally is going to be time consuming/expensive so have to block out any such thoughts :cry:

Last edited:
:censored::censored: Well, 5 weeks on and their other rabbit is up for rehoming, just as predicted :censored:

"Stripe as we call her is an English spot rabbit she is around 6mths old. Stripe has herringbone markings with spots and gold and white in colour. She is the friendliest
rabbit and loves to be handled and cuddled. Unfortunately
my son has lost interest
and stripe deserves a lot of love so she is looking
for a loving home."

What really beggers belief is the daughter allegedly was talked into rehoming her bunny as she wasn't friendly so wasn't getting their money's worth :censored: This bunny is described as friendly but son has lost interest ... I've a simple suggestion for you - give the friendly rabbit to your daughter who wants a friendly rabbit - problem solved. :censored: GRRR.

She actually looks a bit thin in the pictures which doesn't surprise me, she didn't move about at all when I was there collecting Eliza and there was no shelter in the hutch at all. If I hadn't taken on Scally I would have gone back for this bunny but I think Scally is going to be time consuming/expensive so have to block out any such thoughts :cry:

So I looked back at my earlier post:

I hope when she rings you to take the rabbit her son has got bored of, you are there, and have space even temporarily, to house him whilst finding a permanent home ... if not with you

Words fail me, but I am not at all surprised!

Now if she had no front teeth I could take her like a shot :D

So I looked back at my earlier post:

I hope when she rings you to take the rabbit her son has got bored of, you are there, and have space even temporarily, to house him whilst finding a permanent home ... if not with you

Words fail me, but I am not at all surprised!

Now if she had no front teeth I could take her like a shot :D

She's a very, very beautiful rabbit and if I hadn't made a definite decision not to take any more on I'd be delighted to have her, an English, especially tan is on my list of ones I'd like to own one day.

I doubt she'll be incisorless, she need oxygen when I said how much I'd be paying for a spay.. so if teef needed to come out I doubt they'd pay. Shame, as I could have hung on to her til April or whenever it is you're next coming to Hampsthwaite;)

She's a very, very beautiful rabbit and if I hadn't made a definite decision not to take any more on I'd be delighted to have her, an English, especially tan is on my list of ones I'd like to own one day.

I doubt she'll be incisorless, she need oxygen when I said how much I'd be paying for a spay.. so if teef needed to come out I doubt they'd pay. Shame, as I could have hung on to her til April or whenever it is you're next coming to Hampsthwaite;)

:lol: What a lovely thought!

I wonder what will happen to her... Will you try and find her a home through RU, or let them get on with it?

:lol: What a lovely thought!

I wonder what will happen to her... Will you try and find her a home through RU, or let them get on with it?

I haven't decided yet. I've only just seen her and my working day started at 4am and has just finished so definitely not in any state to make any decisions... I want to try and help her though.. She's £15 and it's the wrong time of the year so I've probably got a bit of time to think about it....I was worrying about her in that darned hutch with no shelter as it was, now I have the chance to change that ... but do I? *humph*

I haven't decided yet. I've only just seen her and my working day started at 4am and has just finished so definitely not in any state to make any decisions... I want to try and help her though.. She's £15 and it's the wrong time of the year so I've probably got a bit of time to think about it....I was worrying about her in that darned hutch with no shelter as it was, now I have the chance to change that ... but do I? *humph*

I have to say, why on earth are they asking for money for her? They haven't spent anything on her they couldn't get away with .. If you were going to take her, I reckon they should pay you something towards a vet check at least.

I wish we could save the world, I really do.

Best go to bed before I get all maudlin about all the rabbits neglected by selfish people .. :roll:

I have to say, why on earth are they asking for money for her? They haven't spent anything on her they couldn't get away with .. If you were going to take her, I reckon they should pay you something towards a vet check at least.

I wish we could save the world, I really do.

Best go to bed before I get all maudlin about all the rabbits neglected by selfish people .. :roll:

Well, she's advertised on a selling site and is 6 months old, best that they ask for money. If they contacted me direct and asked for money then that would be cheeky. They however haven't contacted me ... yet.

Does she look thin to anybody else or am I just finding reasons to fret??:oops:

It's difficult to tell from that photo, she could be thin or she could be 'well toned' by exercise. However, given everything you've said, it's possibly the former ... It would be good if she were spayed soon so that the dewlap doesn't become much bigger :)

She is a beautiful rabbit, as you said :love:

I am only now just catching up with this thread.. And MY MY is the bunny gorgeous that you adopted first... What a cute little lady she is, how is she settling in is she still being a diva?

I really don't get humans sometimes, or even children.... I always cry when I see pets up for adoption cause said child got bored.. Me personally why can't the child go? :lol::lol:

Seriously though, I hope she finds a home soon, it's a shame so many unwanted bunnies have to go through this :( if only we all had never ending pockets and never ending space to rescue them all. Please keep us informed, even if you do foster for a short period ;)

I am only now just catching up with this thread.. And MY MY is the bunny gorgeous that you adopted first... What a cute little lady she is, how is she settling in is she still being a diva?

Thank you, she is very, very beautiful. She's not diva ish at all, she's really sweet. I've given her a lot of space but just recently started stroking her head, she's kind of saying 'gerroff me' but she's not scared or aggressive just doesn't want human smell on her, I think :lol: I've never had any trouble putting my hand in her territory or near her, and she gets in the way when I'm cleaning her out but she's just being curious and friendly not at all territorial. She's pretty clean and good at using her litter tray too. Whilst she still has to learn to like being stroked she is a friendly and confident rabbit.

That is really good news always nice when they settle in and I really do believe that half of a rabbits personality is where, who and how they're brought up and with and off course space

Is there any news on the other one hey are selling :(

I've just seen this for sale! This is where Eliza was living when I went to collect her nearly a year ago. She was living on the bottom storey with a baby English living on the top, there was a cold wind and they had no shelter :cry: I've no idea how tall it is but about 4ft long so maybe about 15" tall? :cry::cry:

:shock: That is possibly one of the worst I have seen. Is it even a hutch, it looks like some sort of converted piece of furniture, either way it's awful! :(

(Eta: I just had a read back through the thread, as I wasn't here then. Did you get to find out what happened to the second bun?) x

Last edited:
ive only just read this too and was wondering how things where going with eliza, That has got to be an homemade cage not even the worst petshops would sell that.

I'm half tempted to buy said "hutch" just to prevent any poor rabbits being stuck in it.
I know a few ferret owners who'd have good use for it when they have ferrets that need individual feeding.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back