• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snowdrop isnt right-Updated 1/1 Almost back to normal!

Given her chronic gut problem it may be that her caecum is now impacted. The symptoms of this can often mimic those of Dental problems ie reduced appetite/faecal output and picking up hay/food then dropping it.

I hope the Vet can ascertain what's wrong and help Snowdrop feel more comfortable

Lots of vibes being sent xx

Snowdrop has seen the vet who doesn't think it is teeth related. She said her tummy feels quite hard so they have admitted her for some fluid therapy and to keep an eye on her output. They are going to give her some stronger pain relief and something else for her tummy but I cant remember what it was they said. I have got to go and take her infacol in and they are going to continue with that incase she has small pockets of bloat.

I hate her not being at home. They have done a 24hr admission but I am hoping to have her back late tonight.

Oh no :cry: Not what i was hoping to read :( Sending tons of vibes for Snowdrop, hoping everything will be ok. All paws crossed here xXx

So sorry Rachel, at least she's in the best place, I hope they find out whats wrong with her:cry: Sending loads of vibes for a speedy recovery

So sorry Rachel, at least she's in the best place, I hope they find out whats wrong with her:cry: Sending loads of vibes for a speedy recovery

Thanks. FHB thought she had Megacolon and gave us advice about how best to manage it. Because she was so well when we saw her it was difficult for her to know what to do when Snowdrop goes downhill. My vet now believes this stasis episode is part of her condition. I just have everything crossed that she pulls through it.

Did the Vet say whether it's her caecum ?

No she didnt mention her caecum. I couldnt see my usual vet as she is operating today so had to see a different one. She just said she could feel some hard bits in her tummy and wanted to try some fluid therapy to see if it would help soften things.

I will call in an hour and see how she is doing.

No she didnt mention her caecum. I couldnt see my usual vet as she is operating today so had to see a different one. She just said she could feel some hard bits in her tummy and wanted to try some fluid therapy to see if it would help soften things.

I will call in an hour and see how she is doing.

Fluid therapy can make a huge difference. I have seen it time an again with my Buns.

Lots more vibes for her

xx

Just popped back to see if there is any news, sending more vibes for Snowdrop

I am just about to call vets to check on her. They havent rang so I guess no news is good news.

ETA- just spoken to vet. She is doing ok, hasnt eaten voluntarily but they have been syringe feeding her recovery which she has taken. She has done some poos but vet says they are a little dry. They want to keep her overnight to continue the treatment.

She ate a bowl of veg overnight last night so I am hoping she will pick up again tonight, she seems to do better in the evenings.

Last edited:
good news she's done some poos. fingers crossed she'll soon want to eat and be able to come home. xxx

They want to keep her overnight, I hate her not being at home. I suppose at least she will be in good hands overnight but its a strange place for her so I am sure she would be more likely to eat at home.

Just rang the vets again and the vet that admitted her has gone home now so the nurse updated me. After spending the first few minutes calling her a "he" she said she is pooing fine, which she was before she went in, and has nibbled some carrot. I am a bit disapointed about her not making any progress, she was eating better at home and all they said is she is bright. She was bright and happy this morning, had eaten veg overnight so I now I am regretting taking her to the vets and wishing I had continued treating her at home a bit longer.

I just hope there are people there overnight looking after her. I have to ring at 9.30am to see if she can come home. I hate her being away overnight. I have never had a bunny stay at this vets before, Snow stayed at FHB but I felt much more confident when she was there.

I'm sorry Rach, I've only just seen your updates on Snowdrop - I'm sorry they've not let her come home. Fingers crossed she'll be home early on tomorrow. I'll be thinking of your little girl tonight - sending lots of vibes & hugs for you both xxx

Back