• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snowdrop isnt right-Updated 1/1 Almost back to normal!

Snowdrop didnt eat her breakfast but was eating fenugreeks and carrot crunchies this morning. She hasnt eaten during the day but then she doesnt usually.

She has just had her meds and is now in her crate in the room on her own with loads of different foods!

She really picked up last night and ate all her banana porridge, some greens and some carrots so I hope she does the same this evening once the meds have kicked in.

She will be going to see the vet tomorrow morning.

Thanks. Do you use the vets 4 pets @ Gamston? Do know if they do conscious dentals if it is her teeth that are the problem?

Yes I do, and yes they do if you request it. Some of mine are done conscious (costs £10), but most are done under light sedation (costs £20). The vets will assess whether they think she'll be too jumpy to do conscious. Ask for Annie or Rachel because the other vets there can't do conscious.

Sending loads of vibes for Snowdrop for tomorrow, I use Gamston and they do conscious dentals, if Snowdrop isn't relaxed they will give her a little gas but not put her right under GA.

Yes I do, and yes they do if you request it. Some of mine are done conscious (costs £10), but most are done under light sedation (costs £20). The vets will assess whether they think she'll be too jumpy to do conscious. Ask for Annie or Rachel because the other vets there can't do conscious.

Thank you. I am hoping my vet will refer her there to have it done. She is very good at being handled and had all her xrays and ultrasounds plus a wound on her chin glued without any sedation at all so hopefully she will let them do it. I really don't want her to have a GA as I have a terrible feeling she wont come out of it.

Just been up to check on her and she hasnt touched her veg or pellets, but has eaten the 2 carrot crunchies I put her. She has done less poos than normal today which I suppose is expected with her eating less.

Thanks. Im really worried about her. Part of me hopes it is her teeth as I know that can be fixed, even if I do have to kick up a fuss at my vets about her having it done consciously. If its not teeth then I dont know what we will do. It will probably mean another referal to York and im not sure she will be up to the journey, especially if we have to wait to get her in.

Back