• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snowdrop has electricuted herself! UPDATE post 26

fair enough then. your post sounded like you gave them ad hoc (with best intentions). i have a general aversion to "blanket" abx administration as they're a lot less effective prophylctically than many people and vets think. but i know abscesses are a risk in buns so if he thought they were necessary i wont argue with that. sorry if i sounded critical, didnt intend to, just talking in general principles. glad Snow is ok xxx

No thats fine. Its always good to hear others points of view. I always check with my vet before giving medication to my buns, especially with Snowdrops tummy condition.

Glad its not too bad and hope she's soon all mended.

Don't know if buns can have it but I believe Aloe Vera Gel/Cream is good for burns.

Glad its not too bad and hope she's soon all mended.

Don't know if buns can have it but I believe Aloe Vera Gel/Cream is good for burns.

Yeh the vet suggested this. I will have a look after work to see if our chemist sell it. I was just worried as its going on her lip she wouldnt like the taste and would refuse food. She is so fussy- she wouldnt even take a fenugreek from me yesterday because my hands smelt like garlic.

Glad your bunny is ok......sorry I've not read the whole thread, only the first few pages....but wanted to say that ice should not be applied to burns. More damage can be done to tissue that way.

Back