• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sky- My Rock. 06-10-2005 - 28-08-2013 *Video added post 85*

I have been toying with how to write this for some time, guess insomnia is as good a time as any.

Thank you Sky, for being there for your mummy when she needed you from all of my family and I. Your mummy helped me to help myself when I was at my lowest ebb. She helped me to realise that I was very poorly and unhappy.

If it wasn't for you I would still be in the same horrible situation I was in and now I wouldn't have my beautiful baby daughter with another on the way and a wonderful partner who loves me for who I am.

My older children may not have had a mother by now and if they did she would have just been a husk.

And to think some people say "it's only a rabbit" you are proof, it's never only a rabbit.

Thank you from a family that would not have existed if it wasn't for you both xxx

Last edited:
I have been toying with how to write this for some time, guess insomnia is as good a time as any.

Thank you Sky, for being there for your mummy when she needed you from all of my family and I. Your mummy helped me to help myself when I was at my lowest ebb. She helped me to realise that I was very poorly and unhappy.

If it wasn't for you I would still be in the same horrible situation I was in and now I wouldn't have my beautiful baby daughter with another on the way and a wonderful partner who loves me for who I am.

My older children may not have had a mother by now and if they did she would have just been a husk.

And to think some people say "it's only a rabbit" you are proof, it's never only a rabbit.

Thank you from a family that would not have existed if it wasn't for you both xxx

:love: I had no idea, thank you so much for replying. How are you doing now?

It's very strange timing because I dreamt about Sky last night and was coming here to write anyway and then found your reply.

Sky, man, I don't know what to take from my dream. You were here and alive and I felt as I always do about you. I thought you had been dead but as you were running around the garden it was evident you weren't- but I haven't woken up with the feeling of comfort I normally do after a dream like that. It was just very factual.

What I have realised Sky is that when you were here you made me feel safe. You were the first real being to make me feel safe and show me what safety was. That's one if the reasons it was so horrendous when you left- I lost that feeling if safety. I still feel unsafe now but to a lesser degree than before and it does vary. I doubt ill feel that level of safety and closeness again though.

I do miss you boy, so much.

X

Really well all things considered thank you again :love:

I really hope you find security and safety again one day. It must be very difficult for you. I wish I could help you as much as you helped me :cry:

302862_328901780540489_1122954041_n.jpg

I finally found it- the perfect song for you, for me, for us. Now I can make that video. At some point. When I can face it. Thank goodness I finally found it.

Really really missing you. My crazies are really causing a problem. At times like right now I would cuddle you and all the crazies would melt away and not matter. I got you. You got me. I don't get people. People don't get me. I just miss you and need you. I need you to soothe this.

I so needed you last night.

''Life is eternal, and love is immortal, and death is only a horizon; and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight''.
- Rossiter Worthington Raymond

(((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))) xx

Thanks Jane. I don't feel him with me as much as I used to, and it's those times where you need that actual physical comfort- I don't have physical comfort anymore. It's just me. And that's very lonely. As you probably know.

Thanks Jane. I don't feel him with me as much as I used to, and it's those times where you need that actual physical comfort- I don't have physical comfort anymore. It's just me. And that's very lonely. As you probably know.

Indeed. It is worse than any other physical pain I have experienced in all of my 53 and three quarter years :cry: I wish I could make things feel better for you T, but I know all too well that that is impossible. Please join me in a nano second by nano second crawl through each day :cry:

More (((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))) xx

Massive cuddles Sky, I am still here if you want to talk, but totally get if you don't.

I can't imagine how you are feeling :(

There's something so very different about needing a hug and hugging a tolerant, friendly rabbit compared to hugging a rabbit whose entire world is you and who wants/needs you as much as you want/need them.

I don't think I've ever felt as lonely. Knowing what it's like to be wanted and not having that anymore. Knowing what it finally feels like to feel safe and not having that anymore. Finally Knowing what it feels to be unconditionally accepted and not having that anymore. To be loved for being me.

Last edited:
I'm absolutely sobbing reading this thread.

The raw grief and pain expressed reminds me so much of how much I miss my Mum :cry::cry::cry:

RIP beautiful Sky

Last edited:
Back