• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Normal poop?

My 3 year old female bun pooped out a variety of pellets in all of these forms this morning. I have had her eating almost only timothy hay after giving her too many pellets and lettuce resulted in some slightly mushy/deformed pellets and she has been seemingly normal for a couple of days now but today her pellets were in all these varied sizes. What do you guys think this is because? The pellet on the top left is what is usually the normal size for her pellets but the usual tone/color is the one that the other ones have. Their insides are hay-filled although i cant quite make out if they are slightly mushier than her usual pellets or not (if so, it would only be something i could slightly perceive as i break them).

Attachments

• 7C186380-484B-4E2A-A441-82CD50596B82.png
    7C186380-484B-4E2A-A441-82CD50596B82.png
    578.7 KB · Views: 2
Those look ok to me but you should decrease the Pellets gradually and stop the Lettuce. Spring Greens or dark green Cabbage is the best but only in small amounts. Timothy Hay is very good so you are doing the right thing there.

Those look ok to me but you should decrease the Pellets gradually and stop the Lettuce. Spring Greens or dark green Cabbage is the best but only in small amounts. Timothy Hay is very good so you are doing the right thing there.
i appreciate your response. Veggies dont have to be a part of her diet, then?

You might find the information on these links useful to take a look at

Normal and abnormal poo

Veg,/herbs

You might find the information on these links useful to take a look at

Normal and abnormal poo

Veg,/herbs
Thank you so much for sharing this, I will read them carefully now

Back