• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really ill again p80 Bunita Sunshine died in the night/ PM p97

Poor baby :(. Sending lots of healing vibes for Bunita and hope your visit to the vet tomorrow gives you some answers and hope.

Oh poor Bunita :( Sending more vibes and prayers that she will be feeling better again soon after you see your vet. ((((((((((((((((Bunita Sunshine)))))))))))))))))) xxxx

Sadly Bunita died during the night :cry::cry: Little Victoria wouldn't leave her side even after she had passed so we left them together most of the night. Early this morning she was still guarding the body and didn't want us to remove it but we needed to get Bunita to the vets for a PM as we still don't know what happened :(

Although unwell yesterday, Bunita spent part of the evening getting some fresh air in the garden and was running about with Victoria. But then suddenly deteriorated very quickly late last night :(

I don't know how Victoria is going to cope without her, they were inseperable :( We can't even bond her to another bunny :(

P1040480.jpg

I have been following your thread, and just wanted to say that I am so, so sorry that Bunita has passed. What a nightmare it has been for you, and so frustrating when vets just don't know what is wrong. Poor Victoria as well, she was obviously so devoted to her, and just heart-breaking. Would you mind sharing with us what the cause was, as it may save another bunnies life in the future, if someone finds themselves in the same position. Once again, so very sorry xxx

I have been following your thread, and just wanted to say that I am so, so sorry that Bunita has passed. What a nightmare it has been for you, and so frustrating when vets just don't know what is wrong. Poor Victoria as well, she was obviously so devoted to her, and just heart-breaking. Would you mind sharing with us what the cause was, as it may save another bunnies life in the future, if someone finds themselves in the same position. Once again, so very sorry xxx

Of course I will share. I don't know if they will find anything as a lot of it appeared to be neurological and we are only having a basic PM done so they wont be able to look in her head.

I'm so sorry. :cry: Thinking of you, and sending coping vibes for Victoria.

Binky free Bunita Sunshine. xxx

Thank you all. The PM results are back, all organs looked normal, no abscesses or tumours, nothing showed up at all :( We know she had a really poor immune system so from what we have been through with her we can only guess that she had some sort of infection in he brain :? :cry:

Bunita Sunshine was rescued from appalling conditions by the lovely people at RSPCA Walsall along with 60+ other bunnies. Steve met Becky on a layby at 11pm one November evening last year to get her and Victoria to safety. Bunita went through so much, her teeth were awful, her incisors growing out of her mouth. She went through dentals and incisor removal which she struggled so hard to recover from. when she arrived she was terrified and hated people, but slowly she was learning to trust and I think she knew we were doing all we could to help her. Much as I shouldn't have favourites I did feel a particular bond to Bunita and I am going to miss giving that gummy little face head rubs :cry:

have fun at the bridge Bunita, enjoy the freedom you never got for the majority of your life on this earth xx

You are my Sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are grey, you never noted how much i love you, please don't take my sunshine away

P1030825.jpg

the 'you are my sunshine, my only sunshine' bit nearly made me cry :( So sorry you lost her. Binky free gorgeous girl xxx

:cry::cry:

I'm so very sorry you lost her, Liz. I'm sorry the PM didn't really give any clear answers but at least it hopefully helped you to have it confirmed that there was nothing you missed either. Sleep well beautiful Bunita; thinking of Victoria too. xxx

Back