• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really ill again p80 Bunita Sunshine died in the night/ PM p97

I've been trying to syringe feed her, but the food she was lapping up and enjoying yesterday, is either making her choke or is dripping out today even though I can tell she really wants it :cry:

I wish I could do something more to help her, she has gone down hill so quickly. she was so bright yesterday, happily running around the house, today she is in the same spot I put her in when she came out of the carrier this afternoon :(

I took these from a distance so as not to disturb her. Her head is favouring the right a lot more now than it is in these pics

P1040593.jpg

P1040594.jpg

Oh she looks so sad... Is she any better I'm sending tons of vibes! X

Thanks for thinking of her. No not at all, she looks just awful and I feel so helpless. She is one of my favourite girls and in recent Weeks she has started to trust me just a little bit

:cry: Poor love, she looks so sad there doesn't she :cry: Were both emergency vets part of the same chain? If so, it might be worth writing to the head office to complain, if they can see the notes from the second visit they might be prepared to investigate the competence of the first vet and refund fees. I complained about the quality of Milly's consultation and they did actually investigate thoroughly and ended up giving me a refund. I know that Bunita is your primary concern, but I'm quite sure that two lots of emergency vet fees on the same day is not what you need in the slightest either.

I do hope she starts to pick up and remains stable through the night so you can get her to your own vet for a thorough examination very soon. Big hugs xxx

I'm sorry you are feeling completely useless. If this was happening to one of mine I would want to check the blood glucose level and if high take a conscious x-ray. Has she had a course of lapizole/panacur in the past? Have you got any in you could give her? I will still always remember when my Hayden was ill and how awful it is when you can see them poorly and not themselves and feel completely helpless.
I would also say something to the first vets you saw. £200 and you come away feeling you need to see another vet. That's not good. Regardless if you feel she didn't miss anything big, she should have given pain relief so it was covered. Just metaclop doesn't seem enough. I would have thought a dose of metacam may have been useful also.
Hope she feels better soon! :(

I'm sorry you are feeling completely useless. If this was happening to one of mine I would want to check the blood glucose level and if high take a conscious x-ray. Has she had a course of lapizole/panacur in the past? Have you got any in you could give her? I will still always remember when my Hayden was ill and how awful it is when you can see them poorly and not themselves and feel completely helpless.
I would also say something to the first vets you saw. £200 and you come away feeling you need to see another vet. That's not good. Regardless if you feel she didn't miss anything big, she should have given pain relief so it was covered. Just metaclop doesn't seem enough. I would have thought a dose of metacam may have been useful also.
Hope she feels better soon! :(

Yes we have started panacur and she has been on Metacam for a few days so the first vet couldn't have given any more but could have given the vetergesic the second vet gave.

We are going to ask for a ga if she is well enough as we want her very back teeth checked and a skull xray. We also want bloods as she was already going for bloods this week as we are worried that she,is drinking too much and losing a little weight

Yes we have started panacur and she has been on Metacam for a few days so the first vet couldn't have given any more but could have given the vetergesic the second vet gave.

We are going to ask for a ga if she is well enough as we want her very back teeth checked and a skull xray. We also want bloods as she was already going for bloods this week as we are worried that she,is drinking too much and losing a little weight

Well I hope you find out what the problem is, poor girl. I know you will know what to do with your experience.
Sending lots of vibes :love:

I hope she feels better soon.

It's so distressing when anybun is poorly and sad and the vet doesn't know what is wrong.

lots of vibes for her, poor wee soul..

I hope your vets can do something for her.

Hugs to you too

Fee xxxx

Poor Bunita Sunshine, sending all possible (((((((((((((((((((healing vibes)))))))))))))))) your way.
Does she have kidney issues perchance? That's what I always think of when they are drinking a lot and losing weight.

I empathize on the head tilting. I can't think of anything that breaks my heart more when it comes to bunny being ill. :cry:

I hope something can be done for her. You are doing all you can and marvelously. A vet that is uncooperative/ineffective is nothing but a road block to a bunny's health. I'd definitely be talking to someone about that.
((((((((((((((((((Huge hugs)))))))))))))))) for you, Liz. Hang in there! xxxx

Poor bunita:cry: sorry to hear she's not any better, my bunny had vetergesic and it made him quite sleepy and took about 12 hours to see any difference in him, i hope that you see some change in her soon x

Poor poor girl :cry: I had a similar problem with OOH vets being awful, and every practise in the area using them :( it's such a worry when you're already worried sick. I hope Bunita's meds start to help her feel better by the morning :( sending tons more vibes xxx

I have just been sat with bunita and managed to get her to eat another mouthful of baby food without choking.

However now she is not using her right front leg properly, it is bent underneath her so she is struggling to walk, not that she wants to move.

I have no idea if this is ec as the symptoms came and went Sunday with the help if metacam and she finished the day much brighter than she started it, only to really deteriorate over night and very slowly deteriorate through the day despite some treatment.

To me she looks more like she has had a stroke but I don't think symptoms would fluctuate and then slowly decline??

My other thought all day has been an abscess or tumour in her head somewhere which is why I wanted extra pain relief for her so badly.

But I just don't know what's going on, its not like anything I have seen before in its onset.

I don't think this is going to have a great out come. Its so unfair as she was slowly learning to trust me. She is still in a temp indoor cage with Victoria but we are planning to move them out into their own playhouses/aviary when the weather warms up so she can finally start her new life properly

Back