• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really ill again p80 Bunita Sunshine died in the night/ PM p97

Sending more (((((((((((((((((((((((healing vibes))))))))))))))))))))) for Bunita and (((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))) for you. xxxx

We are back from seeing an excellent bunny vet. So far she is mystified too but thinks it is possible bunita may have an infection of some sort in her head. She is also developing a cataract on her right eye, which I thought she was but yesterdays vet didn't! She can straighten her head and use her leg but for some reason is choosing not too for some unknown reason. We are now waiting on blood results for a full profile and for ec and will hopefully have some better idea what else we can do once we have them

Is it possible to get a blood test for EC? My bunny is showing similar symptoms and diagnosed with EC but no blood tests given

Sending healing (((vibes))) for Bunita. Hope the bloods show something that you can start to treat.

Sending healing (((vibes))) for Bunita. Hope the bloods show something that you can start to treat.

They haven't really, it all seems to be the effect of her illness rather than a cause :?

Liver is fine, some of her kidney/protein levels are wrong but the rest are ok which indicates she is dehydrated rather than has specific kidney issues. Her white blood count is a little low and she is mildly anemic. So today we are treating for EC and a possible infection. From there they want a urine sample, I can't remember why now as we discussed so much. Possibly to confirm the reason for the protein results. After that I am not sure. Vet feels a GA is too much right now for her to do anything more serious and thinks that a head x-ray wouldn't be able to tell us much re an abscess or tumour ( although if it is an ear problem I feel it could help but obviously if anything is inside her skull then no it wont help ).

But the good news is I have seen a very small improvement. She has gone over to the water bowl herself to drink this lunchtime, has balanced briefly to try to wash her face and has had a couple of nibbles on the parsley and carrot tops we collected from the market this morning :D So I am hoping the antibiotic injection she had this morning is helping her

Ah, so good to hear she is doing a bit better. :love:
Continuing vibes and prayers that she will be back to herself and healed soon. :) xxxx

Thank you all. Although still a very poorly bunny Bunita is improving. She is slowly eating chopped veg and herbs. She even showed interest in hay today but couldn't eat any.

She is still very quiet but her ears are now up more often than not rather than flat and she is going over to the water bowl rather than waiting for me to put it next to her.

We still have no idea what's wrong but it seems clear the antibiotics are what is helping her. As none of the three vets that have seen her can find the problem, I am not sure what I can say to the first vet. I think we were just lucky yesterday that we saw Juliet, it was her first day back after maternity leave, and as an exotics vet she has a good gut instinct.

I'm glad she is a bit better. Keeping up vibes. xxx

Thanks Susan.

Bunita is so much brighter now, still not 100% but certainly loads better.

I can't believe it is ec as she has responded so quickly but we will carry on with the treatment anyway

Bunita is seriously ill again :cry: We are back to the vets again tomorrow.

She made a really quick improvement on the antibiotics but never got back to 100%, although very close. However despite seeming reasonably well in herself she has continued to lose weight and since the antibiotics finished a few days ago started to make a slow decline until today when she has again got a head tilt, struggling to use her front leg and unable to eat solid food :cry:

I just wish we knew what was happening inside her :cry: She is such a precious bunny and deserves a happy future after all she has been through not this :cry:

Back