• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ravvit Vet Search .............. UPDATED: #67

I would not go with them, clipping is very distressing and I believe, can make the teeth split. It would only work on front teeth anyway. Sounds like they are very inexperienced with rabbits.

This completely.

They are obviously not rabbit savvy if they say that about GA's, as rabbits actually cope quite well if it's done properly.

People have rabbits under GA's all the time, it's not as dangerous as they are making out.

I phoned again after readinG the advice from here.
They perform dentals a lot - they do have burrers etc which they'd use if the rabbit would need it for spurs etc.
And they would put the rabbit under GA if they needed it.
It depends how severe the teeth are.

I phoned again after readinG the advice from here.
They perform dentals a lot - they do have burrers etc which they'd use if the rabbit would need it for spurs etc.
And they would put the rabbit under GA if they needed it.
It depends how severe the teeth are.

My advice would be to steer clear, but obviously, its up to you.

Clipping of teeth while awake is going to be distressing, so a) stress and b) the vibrations if i remember rightly from them being clipped can make it worse and actually shatter the roots.

What if I tell her to use GA and bur and not to clip. And give pain killers and fluids.
Will it be ok then ?

Lol !
I'm getting annoyed now :(
I need to find a rabbit savvy vet!
I'm going to be patient and talk to the Medivet's vet tomorrow.

Hoping he's ravvit enough!

Can oneone reccommend me a ravvit vet please in the middlesex area that's close to Hayes/Southall but not all the way in Twickenham?

Lol !
I'm getting annoyed now :(
I need to find a rabbit savvy vet!
I'm going to be patient and talk to the Medivet's vet tomorrow.

Hoping he's ravvit enough!

Can oneone reccommend me a ravvit vet please in the middlesex area that's close to Hayes/Southall but not all the way in Twickenham?

Get to know the vets with your rabbit there, if you decide you dont like them then change the vets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which of the vets that you are considering is closest to your house? Can you get to it by public transport/on foot if your parents couldn't take you? I

If I were you I'd take this into consideration, then go for the most savvy one of these. Doesn't have to be the savviest in the world, but the best you can afford within public transport/walking distance. Check they have appointments after 4.30pm, because you need to allow time to get home from school, catch bun, and get there in time.

And tooth clipping only works on incisors, bunneh tongues get in the way otherwise...:wave:

p.s: and try to count yourself lucky. We had one vet surgery in my town, and you never knew who was going to be there! Some of them were really good with buns, others not so. Pot luck really. xx

Last edited:
I find the only real way to check a vet is to try them out. I've not personally found questioning them is all that helpful/revealing in most cases. Obviously you hope to be trying them out with something non-serious, like a vaccination and health check, rather than an operation.

Consultation prices are hugely variable, as this thread demonstrates.

Oh my word I have just done some phoning around

One Practice in Hayes is charging £81.56 for EVERY 10 MINUTES OF THEATRE TIME for a Rabbit Dental PLUS £54.05 for the GA :shock:

I am sorry, but that is bloody outrageous

whitehood have you tried The Pets Practice in Uxbridge Road opposite Hillingdon Police Station ?

I have no first hand experience of them myself.

Thank you Jane,
What's the practice that is charging millions ?

Believe it or not I just bookmarked the pet's practice it's half an hour away by bus. And includes rabbits in their site ! :lol:
:D

I just need to phone them and ask questions.
:wave:

Thank you Jane,
What's the practice that is charging millions ?

Believe it or not I just bookmarked the pet's practice it's half an hour away by bus. And includes rabbits in their site ! :lol:
:D

I just need to phone them and ask questions.
:wave:

Prices for The Pets Practice are:

Rabbit Consult- £21.60

Myxo Vac- £20

VHD Vac- £18.53

Rabbit Dental - £60, more if complex work needed

Xray and Ultrasound Facilities on site, plus some Laboratory facilities (blood tests etc)

Staffed overnight if there are In Patients

Out-of-Hours cover done by Medivet :)roll:)

They were not very committal re whether any of the Vets had a specific interest in Rabbits or if they attended any CPD courses about Rabbits. So you may just have to try them out, unless someone on here uses them.

The ridiculously expensive Practice is Goddards in Hayes End

Last edited:
Thank you Jane for the help :)
I'll wait for the Medivet vet to phone me tomorrow.
And then make my decision, as Lucky's due in for his myxo vac in May.
Hopefully he won't be alone in his carrier ;)

I got an email repy from Medivet
Hi Axxxx,
Thanks for the e-mail.*
The dental price for Rabbit dental is £296.76 which includes GA dental clip/rasp, sc fluids, antibiotics and analgesics and metoclop injection to*help guts mobility as normal and any post op checks.*
Vaccination price is £37.79 which includes Myxo + VHD both given 3 weeks apart.
Consultation fee is £28.09 but if animal comes for vaccination you don't get charged any consultation fee and is included in vaccination charges.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Regards,

Can anyone help me with a reply :/

Back