• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ravvit Vet Search .............. UPDATED: #67

I've got down £12 consult for us, but I thought it was more than that. Maybe that's the second consult.

Ah there is it, first consult £21, second consult £12.

ETA. I think sometimes our vet waives the consult fee. :love: I don't always remember to ask for an itemised bill :oops: so it's hard to always be sure.

Vacs cost £19. Consults are £28 ..

Is that £19 all you would pay for the mxy or would you pay the £28 on top? Worth checking. £28 sounds expensive for a consult to me my old vets charge £16 and my new vets don’t charge. But again bear in mind that I am up north where life is cheap!

I've got down £12 consult for us, but I thought it was more than that. Maybe that's the second consult.

Ah there is it, first consult £21, second consult £12.

Sure they didnt just make an admin mistake? :lol:

i think if they're a good vets then extra cost is worth it. our vets consult fees are about £24 1st rabbit, £21 2nd rabbit, £19 3rd rabbit, £17 4th rabbit. but we usually don't get charged any consult fees, or just the lowest for as many as we take there!

when they go in for dentals, the total costs for everything, including meds after, dental, ga etc has always been about £150.

vaccinations are £26 ish each.

i think it's worth it because our vets are amazing. and when you become a regular they usually discount alot for you aswell. our vet gave us a £70 discount recently. :love:

The vacs have the consult included.
My friend said he only paid the £35 once for his 2 budgies and next time he only paid for the meds.
Maybe it goes cheaper, I'll ask the vet tomorrow when he phones.

Can someone phone Pet Vaccination Centre for me regarding costs please.
I would phone but the receptionist might recognise my voice from when I used to go there.

Please and thank you :)
Reply on this thread if you can.
I'll give you the questions.

Last edited:
Why is the cost such a big issue? What happens if the cheapest vet knows nothing about rabbits? :?

The bolded consults! :shock:

My consult at Harcourt Brown was £60.00 I won't go into detail about other costs, but I was always under the impression should the animal pass whilst having a procedure you don't pay for that procedure. Not the case. Either way it doesn't matter, Loli was worth every Penny and I'd spend it over and over if it meant she was still here.

My normal vet is around £24 for a consult, vaccinations are £21 each. Lola's dentals at an different vet in Manchester (an awesome vet) were around £175 excluding any meds. :)

i think if they're a good vets then extra cost is worth it. our vets consult fees are about £24 1st rabbit, £21 2nd rabbit, £19 3rd rabbit, £17 4th rabbit. but we usually don't get charged any consult fees, or just the lowest for as many as we take there!

when they go in for dentals, the total costs for everything, including meds after, dental, ga etc has always been about £150.
vaccinations are £26 ish each.

i think it's worth it because our vets are amazing. and when you become a regular they usually discount alot for you aswell. our vet gave us a £70 discount recently. :love:

Seriously, but I went to the same vet :shock: *ponders*

My consult at Harcourt Brown was £60.00 I won't go into detail about other costs, but I was always under the impression should the animal pass whilst having a procedure you don't pay for that procedure. Not the case. Either way it doesn't matter, Loli was worth every Penny and I'd spend it over and over if it meant she was still here.

My normal vet is around £24 for a consult, vaccinations are £21 each. Lola's dentals at an different vet in Manchester (an awesome vet) were around £175 excluding any meds. :)

Consult at the referalls vet was £78, i didnt realise that about the procedure thing. :( *hugs*

Ginger's dentals are capped @ £60/go, excl meds, but i have them at home anyway.

Well i'm "up north" and my vet charges £20 for a consultation fee, but after his opp (£250), when Alfred had to go back for 3 injections a week for 4 weeks, I didn't get charged a consultation fee.

I asked another vet practice near me about dentals.
And they said £20 depending on what the bun needs.
They use the consult price for the bun. They clip the teeth in the consult.
What does clip mean? Can dentals happen that quickly ?

They also said they don't use GA because it's riskier than using it for dogs and cats .
They'll use it if the bun needs.

What do you feel about this?

They also said they don't use GA because it's riskier than using it for dogs and cats .

I would avoid that vet. GAs on buns aren't overly risky and I would feel that they weren't savvy enough.
Clipping is only the front teeth as far as I know, it wouldn't help spurs.

My vet are quite good with the rabbits (shame the same can't be said about my emergancy vet...) and I pay £27 for a consult, £21 per jab. Don't know exact cost of everything, but a day time stasis episode cost £70 for consult and meds. Neuter was £55, but that was 3 years ago

I would not go with them, clipping is very distressing and I believe, can make the teeth split. It would only work on front teeth anyway. Sounds like they are very inexperienced with rabbits.

Back