• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Raven blood in urine. Update post 26

Vet did not find anything on physical exam, bladder felt normal so no large stones. I was advised to keep on baytril couple more days. X ray or ultrasound requires sedation. If it recurs we will do ultrasound.

Thank you friends.
Raven has not passed any more blood, so I am less worried than three days ago.
Yesterday evening I was overthinking the blood source and realized the blood pattern looked like a squirt and couple drips which is consistent with it coming from his urinary tract-probably from passing a sharp stone. He was also licking in that area.
Perhaps I watched too many forensic shows during the pandemic!
Since he only needed baytril for couple more days, I did not get liquid baytril in fruity flavor vet has compounded and instead opted to continuing to disolve pill portion in water to syringe in his mouth. Pills smell like flavored for dogs/cats and Raven at 1.1kg is not impressed.

Last edited:
I'm really glad he hasn't passed any more blood. I wonder if it was a stone that caused it, then, since your analysing seems to point in that direction. But, aww, he doesn't like the taste of his Baytril pills. Just a few more days, Raven!

Thank you friends.
Raven has not passed any more blood, so I am less worried than three days ago.
Yesterday evening I was overthinking the blood source and realized the blood pattern looked like a squirt and couple drips which is consistent with it coming from his urinary tract-probably from passing a sharp stone. He was also licking in that area.
Perhaps I watched too many forensic shows during the pandemic!
Since he only needed baytril for couple more days, I did not get liquid baytril in fruity flavor vet has compounded and instead opted to continuing to disolve pill portion in water to syringe in his mouth. Pills smell like flavored for dogs/cats and Raven at 1.1kg is not impressed.

Oh yeah...baytril tablets are about as vile as the injectable...although Mimzy would take that orally.
Jenna needs hers hidden in baby food. But it does such nice things for her aside from whatever target we're aiming at I'd use it daily if it wasn't such a tender spot with my vet. I think she needs it as a constant therapeutic.

More vibes for dear Raven, on their way. xxxxx

Back