• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Raven blood in urine. Update post 26

bunny momma

Wise Old Thumper
Spouse noticed Raven had some red and reddish brown on his newspaper since he was cleaned a few hours ago. He thought toenail yet told me at almost 4am. I only saw one spot with his usual large amount of pee that was quantity one might expect with toenail, yet all nails intact. He had no cuts and no blood anywhere on him.
His poo is free of any blood and is normal color.
I know it is blood because it was not mixed with pee.

I suspect it came from his bladder so not sure if infection or stone or combination since I had three bunnies with similar presentations in the past. Raven did not appreciate my looking at his privates and his black fur made it hard to see much.

He is eating his treats and active yet was licking his privates after he was returned to his pen.

My vet only works some Saturday mornings and may not be available.
With poor out of hour coverage we need lots of vibes for Raven.

He just got a dose from a baytril pilI I was allowed to have for emergencies. I will try to get appt when vet opens in a few hours.

He got his daily medicam many hours ago and not due until late saturday. It may not be good to give if bleeding.

Please send vibes that his bleeding will not recur, that I can get vet consult and Raven will make a full recovery

He is very loved and I am a wreck.

Last edited:
Loads of vibes for your boy. I really hope you can get him an appointment, all paws crossed for you

Oh no :( poor boy sending you both so many hugs and vibes xxxx

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Thanks friends.
Raven's vet not working today:( Urine clear now, so hope it stays that way. He begged for a treat so he seems comfortable.

Thanks friends.

Jane, I checked his hocks against his objection and they are very fuzzy-with some urine staining. He is less tolerant of being held too so idk.
He has been peeing outside litterbox for a long time, and prior urinalysis were normal, so never found cause.
His body temp seems slightly cooler than normal.

Last edited:
The positive vibes are helping. It is after midnight and he is still stable so I hope he will remain that way until vet is available.

Last edited:
I still have no idea what caused the blood, yet am glad he is acting normally today. He could use x ray to check for bladder/kidney stone at least, so hope he can get vet appt.

Back