• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Raven balance/ curving-improving update post 26

bunny momma

Wise Old Thumper
Raven is scheduled for a dental Tuesday morning. Although we scheduled it when he had his last dental, he has been eating less so I expect the points on his molars are bothering him even though he gets daily pain meds.
Please send vibes that he does well with GA and recovery.

Last edited:
Sending him so many vibes! Hope it makes his mouth more comfortable x

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Sending loads of vibes for Raven. I hope he's soon home again and recovering well.

Thank you friends. Raven’s dental went well. As always he had several points on his molars. The points on his uppers grow sideways and the left side upper was irritating his cheek. He actually wears the uppers to the gum line, so the vet has to work next to his gum to smooth it. His lowers get points going straight up, though none of them, nor the right upper caused any tissue damage. Vet says he was passing decent poo after his ga. He is nibbling some greens and it may take a couple days for Raven to heal. Vet asked me to call and let them know how he is doing.
Raven was moulting and was being groomed daily. However he was not as tolerant to having his tummy and lower areas groomed so I asked the vet if they could do it while he was still sleepy. Vet was surprised how much loose fur came out of my little Raven and I was too. He also got a complimentary nail trim. He was looking around and checking things out at vet today. He is a very brave boy.
He is home, slowly eating his greens. He has pain meds and I also got more recovery food and fluids.

Thank you for the vibes. He got more active yesterday night. He quickly ate is greens and got more to eat overnight. He also ate a little hay.

Sorry I missed this. He does have a lot of dentals doesn't he. Its sounds like he is doing brilliantly this time, keep it up Raven

Thank you J&B, IM, Petsmum, KGC.
On Wednesday night it appeared Raven tripped and fell over as he was getting out of his litter box. He seemed ok, yet as I was ssyringe feeding him, he seemed slightly curved to the right. Later he was washing, drinking, enjoying his greens.
Thursday evening, after he got meds, I noticed he looked like he was curving more. He had head tilt a couple times in the past from ear infection, yet this looks different. His head is level, there are no eye movements yet, and he looks like he is turning to walk to the right. The vet was off today, and is on vacation next week; though he will be working a few hours tomorrow morning, though no openings in the schedule. I have him on same abx he got for his ear infection in the past and his usual pist dental dose of medicam.
Please send vibes I can speak with vet or get Raven seen when I call in the morning.

Oh no, sorry to hear this. EC is another possibility. I really hope that a Vet will actually see him tomorrow as they should know how important it is to get a definitive diagnosis so the correct treatment can be given ASAP. Or at least if a definitive diagnosis is not possible treatment to cover both otitis media and EC if his symptoms are vestibular and not due to a muscular skeletal problem. Sending lots of vibes x

Back