• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit on Daybreak

It's very cute, and I'm sure somebuns do love it, but a lot of the buns in that 2nd You Tube clip were on leads with their owners behind them so it looked like they were jumping because they had to. I mean, if I walked behind any of the buns I had, they'd go in the direction I was going, because they thought they were being chased, even if I was slow and quiet. Lots of those buns were stopping and trying to explore.

Call me cynical, or old fashioned, but I love watching bunnies just be. Nothing nicer than watching them play and dig and binky and explore.

I agree, most ( not all) of the rabbits were only jumping because the owned was pushing their bums :roll:

Being perfectly honest if that was Lola and I was trying to get her to jump she would just sit and look at me:roll:
I dont think some of the rabbits seem to enjoy it, some are forced to go over and thats not "natural":?
I know Mischief and Tinker's Mum rabbit Jasper jumps on and off harness which proves in one way he enjoys it, some rabbits will enjoy it other wont, the cut off point for me would be if the rabbit didnt jump on its own accord its not enjoying the activity:wave:

Last edited:
This is the email address to contact 'Daybreak' to express opinions and conerns

talk2us@itv.com

'Please include Comment or Enquiry + Topic in to the subject heading and include your name, contact telephone number and nearest town. All emails are read and passed on to the relevant department where appropriate'

Thank you - i will be voicing my concerns.

Phoenix, didnt look scared to me, an i would know, i spent the whole weekend with him. At one point during the weekend he was running along a row of chairs binkying :lol:
When I got thier early on the Sunday morning he was binkying in his cage. He loves the attention and the jumping. Only reason I think he didnt do aswell on daybreak was that for one, he had been jumping all weekend, and 2, the camera was too close to him , he wasent sure what it was. he wasent scared, just interested.

Glad I didn't watch it but at the moment bunnies could do without this type of exposure. I read in the newspaper that people, yes in the UK, are buying rabbits for the Chinese New Year (Feb 5th) as it's considered lucky obviously if they'll do tricks as well I'm sure they'll think all the better. :shock:

Never saw it but cannot comment on Daybreak! However that rabbit jumping bullcrap has made me so mad!!! The noise levels for one would be enough to stress a rabbit.

How can people be so thick as to do this??? Bunnies should be grazing and living a pampered life not being treated as performing monkeys!

Never ever will I use burgess products again!

Never saw it but cannot comment on Daybreak! However that rabbit jumping bullcrap has made me so mad!!! The noise levels for one would be enough to stress a rabbit.

How can people be so thick as to do this??? Bunnies should be grazing and living a pampered life not being treated as performing monkeys!

Dont hold back, say what you really think !! :lol:

PS, I agree with you 100% :D

Glad I didn't watch it but at the moment bunnies could do without this type of exposure. I read in the newspaper that people, yes in the UK, are buying rabbits for the Chinese New Year (Feb 5th) as it's considered lucky obviously if they'll do tricks as well I'm sure they'll think all the better. :shock:

This. 100% this.

I also sent them an email. My mum saw it on Daybreak and was concerned and upset over it. I sent them an email saying I hope in the future they reconsider using animals for entertainment purposes.

Oh dear poor little mite, I don't like it, I don't know what was so hillarious either although they do acknowledge he has been doing it 3 days in a row and appear to feel sorry for him, what a shame. I think he definately needs a break to be a hare and do what he wants to do for a while, he is a beauty, I'm sure he'll have a good rest and hopefully get the chance to have a good run around free range now.

Supreme (Science Selective), Wagg, and many other brands support our rabbit jumping 'bullcrap', just so you know before you change feed :)

I'm usually for rabbit jumping, but that was a horrible clip to watch :( I too thought he looked terrified, he definately wasn't happy yo be there and I thought it was shocking they were all laughing and shouting. I too will put a complaint in I think, poor Phoenix :(

On a happy note :) I did see Jasper jumping well at the beginning!

I'm usually for rabbit jumping, but that was a horrible clip to watch :( I too thought he looked terrified, he definately wasn't happy yo be there and I thought it was shocking they were all laughing and shouting. I too will put a complaint in I think, poor Phoenix :(

On a happy note :) I did see Jasper jumping well at the beginning!

Thanks, I have some clips of him jumping on his own free will at the show so people can see that "some" bunnies do love it. :) He goes straight up to the camera at one point. :love: As you can see, I am not pushing him or shoving him, he's doing it when ever he wants too, he is off harness and lead apart from the very last clip of him. I am the girl in the checked shirt and Jasper is the blue dutch. :love: I love him to bits and would never be cruel to him or stress him and it's so upsetting to think some people may be thinking of me like that, hopefully from this clip you will see that Jasper is in no way being forced! :)

http://www.itv.com/tynetees/rabbit-grand-national63822/

Last edited:
He looked terrified!! Sorry...but he was not disinterested...he was scared ****less!! :roll::evil:

I'll be complaining, thanks for the link, Jane!!

Ill still very undecided on rabbit jumping :?

I certainly do not think its cruel though, i mean these rabbits are a 1000 times more looked after than your standard pet shop bunny in a tiny hutch at the bottom of the garden!!!

Ill still very undecided on rabbit jumping :?

I certainly do not think its cruel though, i mean these rabbits are a 1000 times more looked after than your standard pet shop bunny in a tiny hutch at the bottom of the garden!!!

That doesn't make it right though. A few rights don't undo a huge wrong IMO! And just because you look after your pet well (which I'm afraid I completely disagree with here because looking after a pet well means being sensitive to ALL its needs as the species it is) doesn't give you a right to use it for your own entertainment. Let's face it, the bunny didn't drive itself to the TV studios now did it!

Last edited:
i mean these rabbits are a 1000 times more looked after than your standard pet shop bunny in a tiny hutch at the bottom of the garden!!!

How do you know that, they could still be kept in small cages or not vaccinated etc etc

I have seen breeders of "show quality" rabbits kept in terrible conditions

Back