• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit on Daybreak

he was wearing a collar didnt think rabbits could wear them.

IMO they shouldn't.

People will probably think they can leave a collar on a Rabbit 24/7 and then be oh so surprised when said Rabbit strangles itself :cry:

Honestly, sometimes I despair as to the 'I want to so I WILL' attitude of some of the human race :evil:

I think I might start training Freckle(Hamster) to do competitive Diving :roll:

Tom Daley watch out...............

Honestly, sometimes I despair as to the 'I want to so I WILL' attitude of some of the human race :evil:

I think I might start training Freckle(Hamster) to do competitive Diving :roll:

Tom Daley watch out...............

:lol::lol: Jane that made me spurt my tea on my laptop!!

Sad but true though :(

I agree, Phoenix wasn't terrified, he just looked bored of jumping. If he was frightened he would have been cowering in a corner with his ears right back. He just sat there, bless him. :lol:

If this is the general consensus of belief amongst those who 'Show Jump' their Rabbits then it is extremely concerning. It indicates that there is not even basic knowledge of the 'Language' of Rabbits. So they have no idea at all as to how their Rabbit is 'feeling' :cry:

Infact I am now even more anti 'performing' Rabbits than I was before.

If this is the general consensus of belief amongst those who 'Show Jump' their Rabbits then it is extremely concerning. It indicates that there is not even basic knowledge of the 'Language' of Rabbits. So they have no idea at all as to how their Rabbit is 'feeling' :cry:

Infact I am now even more anti 'performing' Rabbits than I was before.

My rabbit didn't act like Phoenix did, I just don't think he looks afraid, just fed up :( He's notmy rabbit though so I don't know about how he feels but I think it was a bit unfair with him going on daybreak though tbh and I would never take my bunny on. x

Last edited:
Again you must try to defend a rabbit that does not need your help in the slightest, Hes absolutly fine and was just tried of doing jumps for the 4th day i am to tbh. if you listen to what the gentleman asked me ''if hes just a standard rabbit'' which hes not so i said the breed, and ''if he was bred from a special stud'' i replied the truth that he was'nt he was bred from my Baby who was bred from my show buns what was i ment to do LIE????
And i was supporting his backside when i had picked him up.
And as for Chavs queueing for a hare for thier staffie to play Jesus christ that will be one expensive waste of money.
also how would i get loads of enquiries as my website is under my name Raven not Nicole.

Last edited:
Again you must try to defend a rabbit that does not need your help in the slightest, Hes absolutly fine and was just tried of doing jumps for the 4th day i am to tbh. if you listen to what the gentleman asked me ''if hes just a standard rabbit'' which hes not so i said the breed, and ''if he was bred from a special stud'' i replied the truth that he was'nt he was bred from my Baby who was bred from my show buns what was i ment to do LIE????

Sorry, i guess i must of been watching a different show then with a different rabbit being 'picked up' by one hand behind his front legs... (btw, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a-eZ9aWi1w - 0:06.)

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, voiced or not.

Sorry, i guess i must of been watching a different show then with a different rabbit being 'picked up' by one hand behind his front legs... (btw, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a-eZ9aWi1w - 0:06.)

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, voiced or not.

:shock::shock: Didnt see this this morning. How awful, poor bun looks scared to death and clearly wasnt held right at all. Only once was its bum supported.

And as for Chavs queueing for a hare for thier staffie to play Jesus christ that will be one expensive waste of money.
also how would i get loads of enquiries as my website is under my name Raven not Nicole.

I watched your rabbit and it didnt look scared or terrified iv had rabbits since i was a child and you would know a panic stricken one from a slightly uninterested one , he just didnt wanna jump, and as for the piciking up thing thats just a bit pety, you picked it up fine only time you didnt support bum was when you lifted the bun slightly to move towards jumps , which in my eyes isnt a big deal he didnt try to wriggle or get away he was happy to be held by you, but i guess im out numbered on here and again just MY opinion and as stated on here everyone is welcome to say what they think

Last edited:
This is the email address to contact 'Daybreak' to express opinions and conerns

talk2us@itv.com

'Please include Comment or Enquiry + Topic in to the subject heading and include your name, contact telephone number and nearest town. All emails are read and passed on to the relevant department where appropriate'

talk2us@itv.com

'Please include Comment or Enquiry + Topic in to the subject heading and include your name, contact telephone number and nearest town. All emails are read and passed on to the relevant department where appropriate'

:wave:

Cheers Jane.

talk2us@itv.com

Thanks jane :wave:

I wouldn't personally take a rabbit on telly, but as Leanne says, as far as i could see the only time the hare was picked up to any height his bottom was supported, the other times were just lifting him off the floor for a moment and putting him straight back down again and shoot me down in flames if you will, but i don't put my hand under my buns bottoms every single time i pick them up a few inches off the floor to move them out of the way - for example when they're "helping" me clean their hutch/run and they're sitting on the pile of sweepings - it's literally up-down in a matter of seconds.

I'm afraid I will be complaining, I found the general environment on the set to be completely inappropriate (noise level etc), I also disliked how hilarious everybody found it that he didn't want to do it.

And to Adrian Chiles? You're not much good either.

It's very cute, and I'm sure somebuns do love it, but a lot of the buns in that 2nd You Tube clip were on leads with their owners behind them so it looked like they were jumping because they had to. I mean, if I walked behind any of the buns I had, they'd go in the direction I was going, because they thought they were being chased, even if I was slow and quiet. Lots of those buns were stopping and trying to explore.

Call me cynical, or old fashioned, but I love watching bunnies just be. Nothing nicer than watching them play and dig and binky and explore.

Unless its a documentary on Rabbit Welfare (which i'm sure we'd all like to see one day) bunnies and tv will never mix.

Back