• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Jumping at Bradford Champs Show (Harrogate)

so how are the harnesses used?

They're just put on really.
It would be a huge risk to have a rabbit out in public not in a harness (if jumping) they could easily run off, and in an emergency if you need to grab them you can easily do so.

You shouldn't pull fowards on the harness though. If you do with harley he stops.

Like Angie said before, she's seen Harley and it is clear he loves it :) Flash is enjoying it too, and hopefully Jez will when he's all trained up :D

id love to do bunny jumping just been on ur web site and watched the vids :love:

the cages are small but there only in there for the day right? so 1 day every so often isnt that bad

id love to do bunny jumping just been on ur web site and watched the vids :love:

the cages are small but there only in there for the day right? so 1 day every so often isnt that bad

The videos are rubbish :lol: In one a a little girl is pulling on the lead, and on the other the rabbits stopped everytime someones camera flash went off.

At most shows, the rabbits are only in there for a day. This is the biggest in the country though, so they are in overnight (sometimes two nights if the owner drops them off Friday). They are brought out for judging though, where most of them do get exercise (Trust me, they don't sit still! :lol: ). Nearly all of the rabbits can stretch out in the pens, and once the shows over a lot of exhibitors put toys and hay and things into the pens :)

At London my two were in the pens friday night and saturday night. I asked for a giant pen for Harley though :oops::lol: At Bradford, seen as I live near I think I'll take them home at night

It's almost a bit like a hotel room- not very big but ok for the short time that you are there.

im definately going bradford.realy enjoyed it this time.although i couldnt believe how a mini lop took £320 at auction!:shock::lol:i also spent a total bomb.think the buns got sick of all the toys i brought them.

im definately going bradford.realy enjoyed it this time.although i couldnt believe how a mini lop took £320 at auction!:shock::lol:i also spent a total bomb.think the buns got sick of all the toys i brought them.

I enjoyed it too :)
I can't steward though :(

I can't remember who told me, but that mini lop went for a pet :shock:

good grief.can anyone steward or do you have kinda ask first?im a member if that helps?

Just go up to a table that looks busy, stand back and watch and if someone looks at you ask if you can steward. Sometimes you can just walk, make eye contact with someone on the table and grab a bun :lol: I'm not a member, it really dosen't matter if you are or not. I've noticed some people do look at you a bit strangely if your not in a white coat though :lol:

At London the secretary introduced me to someone stewarding and they let me take over. Once they had done I just started hanging round another table, the judge saw me and asked if I wanted to steward, so I walked foward and they let me in :) With the dutch I just leaned on the table and grabbed one.

If your there at the start, they tell all the stewards to get pen numbers 90 - 95 for example. You have to go off and find these, if they're empty then just go back to the table and watch. Be as quick as possible, sometimes people get more than one so they need people at the table to hold them. Once you have the rabbit, a sheet is passed around with small stickers with numbers on. Find the number of your rabbits pen and stick it on the rabbit. The most common place is on the tail. The judge will tell the stewards to take certain rabbits back to their pens. Listen really carefully though, a lot of the time they talk with their heads down, and your not sure who they are trying to tell :lol:

Oh and go for a breed your used to. Don't start off with the giants or Polish if your not used to them.

Last edited:
cool.i steward at small shows.will have invest in a white coat.was ace seeing matt brash there.got quite afew pics of me with him.:love::lol:

cool.i steward at small shows.will have invest in a white coat.was ace seeing matt brash there.got quite afew pics of me with him.:love::lol:

I've only ever stewarded at a small show once, the secretary (who I knew) asked if I'd like to do it for the pet section.

I think i'd be more nervous at the smaller ones, because you cant move to a different table if you dont like the breed :lol:

haven't got a clue what happens at a show:roll: they bid for pets?? so it's somewhere that sells bunnys? confused but that don't take much:oops:
It would be interesting to visit to see what it's all about but I'm tooo far...would love the stalls tho!!

haven't got a clue what happens at a show:roll: they bid for pets?? so it's somewhere that sells bunnys? confused but that don't take much:oops:
It would be interesting to visit to see what it's all about but I'm tooo far...would love the stalls tho!!

No, it's similar to a cat or dog show. They're judged to a 'breed standard'.

The auction is just part of it. It gives people from all around the country to purchase breeding and show quality rabbits on the day.

Back