• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please could Sprout have some vibes/ good and bad news p32

I've got everything crossed for Sprout.

I have sent a small paypal to you to help a bit, sorry its not more.

Just spoken to the vet who is operating while the nurses take x-rays. The GA is going well so far, but he is in a real mess with his mouth :(

It def went through, I got email at 12.29pm but I thnk it can take time to show on account activity for both of us.

Ok thanks. Its still not there :? May be there is a delay if all is ok your end? if it is coming back as unclaimed your end then please could you check the email address as lots of people miss the s out on rabbits:)

Loads of vibes for Sprout - have just sent a small donation for him as well through Paypal.

Ok thanks. Its still not there :? May be there is a delay if all is ok your end? if it is coming back as unclaimed your end then please could you check the email address as lots of people miss the s out on rabbits:)

ARghhhhhh I just double checked and yes me too I put rabbit and not rabbits so when it comes back to me I will resend to correct address:roll:

I have great news :) Sprout is OK, he has had his Ga and is coming round nicely. In fact he did so well under GA they even managed to castrate him :)

Now the not so good news. Once he was under and could see inside his mouth properly they found some nasty spurs on his lower molars that had grown into his tongue. This is why he couldn't swallow food properly or pick up any veg :( His molars have all been burred back now but he has an extremely sore tongue, so it may take a while before he can eat any veg etc.

He had x-rays taken which showed very over grown lower molar roots. As he is so tiny the vet feels there is not much we can do to treat them, it will just be a case of pain relief and monitoring their progression. Thankfully at the moment there is no sign of abscess or bone infection.

We are still undecided whether to remove his incisors. They couldn't be taken out today as two of them are broken below gum level, The x-rays also shown they have incredibly long roots and Sprout has a very little mouth. It seems given the state of his molars he will need regular dentals so we can reassess the situation on a fairly regular basis. The vet's feeling was that if Sprout needs monthly/6 weekly dentals then its not worth attempting to remove them as they could be burred regularly under Ga when the molars are done. But if with a better diet his molars stay OK for many months then it might be better to attempt to remove the incisors to save Sprout having to go back regularly just for an incisor burr, especially as he is is so wiggly.

As Sprout is small and thin they were unable to get a blood sample even when he was under GA. But as his teeth are so bad and he did so well under GA the vet feels they wouldn't have told us anything as his condition appears to be solely down to his dental issues. If there is liver damage from being so underweight for so long , then hopefully it will right itself once Sprout can eat normally.

So a mixture of good and bad news really. But the the best news is, Sprout got through today and will be coming home to enjoy the rest of his life, however long that may be :)

Sprout is a real little fighter isn't he? What a trooper:thumb:

That little man has been in my head a lot today! Very pleased he's through his GA - not great news on his teeth but he is in so the best place for bunny like him! One very lucky little chap! Loads of vibes to him.

Sprout is a real little fighter isn't he? What a trooper:thumb:

That little man has been in my head a lot today! Very pleased he's through his GA - not great news on his teeth but he is in so the best place for bunny like him! One very lucky little chap! Loads of vibes to him.

Thank you. He certainly is a fighter, goodness knows how he was able to eat anything with the mouth he had. He really is a very special bunny :love:

I'm so pleased he came through Ok Liz. Well done little fella and lots of vibes for fast healing of your poorly mouth.

Back