• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Please can Blue have any spare vibes,hes in stasis/UD post 30

Thank you so much for all your vibes.I have just been out to see Blue,he hasn't moved all night but he has just accepted some carrot tops.I will see if theres any improvement in the next couple of hours and if not then I will have him admitted.

Blue has been admitted,he had done some tiny poos but my vet wanted to give him Iv fluids as he was still pretty flat.Before I took him to the vets I noticed two really sticky smelly piles of really runny poo on the floor which Honey has produced,I really dont know what is going on at the moment.Honey is on the lawn eating but I think its going to be a hey only diet for a couple of days plus probiotics

I wonder if your Vet might consider treating them for Coccidiosis ?

I cant say for certain but my Declan had the same symptoms as Blue and Honey and he only recovered after being treated with a 7 day course of Septrin.
So I suspect coccidia were involved.

I wonder if your Vet might consider treating them for Coccidiosis ?

I cant say for certain but my Declan had the same symptoms as Blue and Honey and he only recovered after being treated with a 7 day course of Septrin.
So I suspect coccidia were involved.

Thank you so much Jane,I read your post just as the vets rang to say I could collect Blue.My vet got taken ill this afternoon but I have an appointment with her tomorrow morning if she is better and i will ask her then.
Blue has eaten in the vets,he is sat in his hey again not moving but is taking herbs and carrot tops when I give them to him.Honey still has very loose stools,I have been given fibreflex to give her.If my vet is there in the morning I will take both of them and a sample of Honeys poo

To start with thank you Jacks-Jane,I took Blue,Honey to see my vet today +a Honey poo sample.Blue is still tender so we are carrying on with zantac and metacam but he is eating and doing tiny poos:D.I asked about the possibility of
Coccidiosis and Jane,my vet,said it could be viable due to the amount of hungry wild birds about at the moment that enter the garden.Both bunnies have been started on Metronidazole,as she dint have any septrin there,also the poo sample has been sent for analysis.So fingers crossed plus lots of meds we are on the road to recovery:D:DThank god I have a vet who realises how important pain relief is to a poorly bunny

I'm so pleased that Blue is eating. I hope the metronidizol gets both of your lovely bunnies well.
I think that you deserve a break too.
Everything crossed for him - handsome fella with the purple beetroot nose!!

I'm so pleased that Blue is eating. I hope the metronidizol gets both of your lovely bunnies well.
I think that you deserve a break too.
Everything crossed for him - handsome fella with the purple beetroot nose!!

Thank you Judy:love::love::love::love:

Hopefully they'll continue to improve and your vet will get to the root of what's caused it :wave:

So pleased that your vet has been able to help Sarah - sending lots more vibes & special snuggles for your beautiful babies xxxx

To start with thank you Jacks-Jane,I took Blue,Honey to see my vet today +a Honey poo sample.Blue is still tender so we are carrying on with zantac and metacam but he is eating and doing tiny poos:D.I asked about the possibility of
Coccidiosis and Jane,my vet,said it could be viable due to the amount of hungry wild birds about at the moment that enter the garden.Both bunnies have been started on Metronidazole,as she dint have any septrin there,also the poo sample has been sent for analysis.So fingers crossed plus lots of meds we are on the road to recovery:D:DThank god I have a vet who realises how important pain relief is to a poorly bunny

I am not sure that Metronidazole will deal with Coccidia (if it's coccidiosis), just the anaerobic bacteria that may be involved :? I know Metronidazole is active against some protozoa but I am not sure about Coccidia :?

Can the Vet do you a prescription for Septrin Paediatric Oral Solution. Any High Street Chemist will stock it, it's a common abx prescribed for children.

Sending more vibes for Blue and Honey xx

Thank you all for your vibes.Blue still isnt right and his snuffles has got a lot worse,coughing,sneezing and gagging,I knew this would happen,with all the stress and getting meds down him,the good news is he is eating.
Thank you once again Jane,My vet isnt on until Tuesday and hopefully the poo sample results will be back by then and yes she will perscibe me the septrin.Its pointless seeing any other vet there as Im afraid they just dont have a clue about bunnies:(

I'm so sorry his snuffles has got worse. The GI stasis doesn't help the immune system. Is he still taking echinacea?
Come on Blue my lovely, keep on fighting the illness NOT Sarah.
Everything crossed & lots of prayers for you all.

I'm so sorry his snuffles has got worse. The GI stasis doesn't help the immune system. Is he still taking echinacea?
Come on Blue my lovely, keep on fighting the illness NOT Sarah.
Everything crossed & lots of prayers for you all.

Thank you so much Judy.I will start the herbal remedy again but at the moment im not going to force anything on him.I will make a batch up tomorrow and hopefully he accepts some on a piece of bread which isnt ideal.

Back