• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Please can Blue have any spare vibes,hes in stasis/UD post 30

Maizey

Wise Old Thumper
Blue was fine this morning,running around the garden.When I came back with the dogs this afternoon I went to put the bunnies food in the shed and he was laying flat out,just like Honey a few weeks ago.I rushed him to the vets,Jane my vet,said he had a very doughy tummy and a lot of pain when she examined his ceacum which was also very gassy.Blue has had metoclopramide,zantac,metacam and vetergesic.He is totally out of it at the moment,which I guess is due to the opiate pain relief.He is on a heat mat in the shed and I have just picked him some carrot tops which he has eaten but that is all he has eaten.Should I get him moving about or leave him to rest?If he is no better by morning he will be admitted and put on Iv fluids

Last edited:
Poor boy :cry:

Whilst exercise can help gut motility he may not be that co-ordinated if he is very sedated from the Vetergesic.
Some oral fluids would be useful. Cooled but still warm boiled water with some probiotic added. You could give him some Peppermint Tea or Camomile or Fennel Tea if you have any.

I hope he starts to improve very soon xx

Awww vibes the heat pad and a good sleep might help him feel better, I hope he springs into action a bit later and starts munching, do you have herbs to tempt him with, basil and dill maybe, they are favourites here. Get well vibes for the little one x

Poor blue - I hope he is feeling better soon. When my blackberry was like that I found that fresh grass tempted her to eat again

Thank you all so much for your vibes and thank you Jane,I bought some peppermint tea for Honey but didnt need to use It.I will go and make some up now and add some probiotics

I've nothing to add to what has already been said & done by Jane.
Poor Blue! everything crossed for a rapid recovery.

Did Jane have any ideas what was causing it?
Just that Blue & Honeybun haven't had GI issues before - none of your buns have done so. A bit odd that both should have stasis for the 1st. time so close together.

Please keep us updated with events.

My bunny once didn't eat and poo over the course of a whole day. She was hunched up in the corner and not coming up to the side of the cage when we went over like she normally would. She'd been out in the garden for quite a while in the morning, and wonder if she'd eaten something that had caused a problem. I panicked, but we gave her tummy a little bit of a gentle massage. Immediately after we stopped massaging her, she hopped over to her little tray, and did what I can only describe as a few "pathetic" little poos. We gave her another little tummy massage, then went upstairs and left her on her own for a little while. When we came back down, she had done lots of poos, and was starting to eat too.

I'm not an expert, so I don't know how safe it is to massage them, but it certainly worked wonders in my situation! Hope he gets better soon x

Sending loads of eating and pooing vibes for Blue. I hope he picks up tomorrow and i'm thinking of you both tonight. Keep us posted.xx

Thank you so much for your kindness.I have just tried to get some peppermint tea into Blue but he is having none of it.I really dont want to stress him out as he has been on antibiotics for snuffles since last March and I dont want to make him worse than he already is.I have just been to tesos to get him some herbs and he has had a couple of stalks of mint and a frond of parsley,I think he is so out of it food is the last thing on his mind at the moment:(
Thumps I didnt discuss with my vet why my two have both had stasis in the last few weeks,when they have never had it before.I really dont think she would be able to give me an answer.I have been wracking my brains to why,with Honey I put it down to the sudden change in temperature but I just dont know now.

Lots & lots of vibes for your beautiful Blue Sarah, I hope he's feeling a lot better soon, (((hugs))) to you xxx

Back