• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Opinions on rabbit size (u/d p52)

I think it's very important to follow your gut instincts, no point in putting yourself through worry and stress, when there are so many bunnies out there I'm sure there will be one who is perfect for you all :thumb:

Having lost several bunnies to EC I can honestly tell you it wouldn't put me off, lots of bunnies carry EC without symptoms, its impossible to know if any bun you get has it.

I'm not sure of the reasoning behind 4 times a year - is that a full 28 day course each time? My personal preference would be to do a complete 28 day course before bonding and then only re-treat if showing symptoms.

However I think that this is not the right time for you at the moment. What you went through is still very raw and you need to enjoy your bunnies again before even contemplating taking on a bunny that your head is telling you not to. If he did coinsidentally get ill you would feel incredibly guilty regardless of anything any of us has said.

I'm sure in time the perfect bunny for you will come along.

I lost my soul bunny to EC in 2011 and no way would I knowingly get another rabbit who may have it. If one of mine suddenly developed it, that's a different story, but after what I went through with Dexter, I personally wouldn't take an EC bun for all the money in the world. So we do understand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you everyone for your support regarding my decision and also to those who challenged it because you gave me food for thought.

I think the lady at the rescue was a little disappointed I didn't take him but I had to make the right choice for our situation. I really hope peter finds a lovely home. He is such a stunning boy!!!

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Back