• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Opinions on rabbit size (u/d p52)

All buns are great but cuddle-buns are the best. Off to the sofa to watch TV with my H now. :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed! Hopefully Marble will stay cuddly when she's bonded with the monsters :lol:

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

That was September I think, just after the enclosure was finished, so they are probably 8 months old. They were 6 months old when Parsnipbun brought them to us in August. They are big, probably part of the reason their previous owners couldn't cope! They still managed to shoehorn themselves into a small dog basket for most of today though, I was looking at them wondering how on earth they got in it. Should have taken a picture. And you've made me realise I obviously put their weight wrong, and they are more than 18 months so hopefully they are fully grown! I might just go to bed.

:lol:

I have days like that. I think contis can drive their owners a little mad....

:lol:

Here he is - 7 months:

I suspect your little chap is a bit smaller but his face and ear proportions aren't dissimilar. I'd hazard a guess he could be a cross anyhow (with his beautiful eyes) so may tick your "4kg" wish!! Sorry, the photo's not great. The tea pot is a "normal" size if that helps.

Holy **** :shock: that was when he was small?!?! :lol: I've seen recent pix and he is ginormous, I just can't get my head around the size of a Conti no matter how many times I see pictures. I think I need to come visit you & the delightful Hector :lol:

I don't think he's a Conti, but looks like he's still got some growing to do to catch up with his ears, and he's gorgeous!
This was Willow and Nettle at 7 months-ish. They are almost 10 kilos now.
(Edit: changed as I obviously mean 10 kilos not 5! And hopefully they are full grown! Sigh. I need a new brain.)
1002187_10151898011306057_700598202_n.jpg

:shock::shock::shock: humongous bunnies! *faints*

All buns are great but cuddle-buns are the best. Off to the sofa to watch TV with my H now. :love:

Won't he squish you though? :lol: Isn't he about half your size? (When I've seen pictures of people holding a Conti, it looks almost as big as them!) :shock:

Won't he squish you though? :lol: Isn't he about half your size? (When I've seen pictures of people holding a Conti, it looks almost as big as them!) :shock:

Ha ha ha!!!

There's a photo of him squishing me on the sofa somewhere. I'll try to find it. :lol:

I know isn't he !!!! I love blue eyed whites and I have always wanted a bigger bun. The rescue is over two hours away though and there is a rabbit in my local rescue that is mine if I want him as they already did a home check last year so I'm probably mad to be looking to go to northern Ireland !!!!

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Have both and bond a group?! :hides:

Ha ha ha!!!

There's a photo of him squishing me on the sofa somewhere. I'll try to find it. :lol:

Ooo yes please. I can never see enough of Hector :love: one of my favourite RU bunnies :love:

So I heard back from the rescue this morning and peter is 2 kilos at the moment. So not quite a big bunny, she said he is lanky and has big ears and probably has a little growing to do.

So what do fellow ru'ers think? Any chance he could even make it to 3kilos?lol !

Plus there is someone coming to look at him tomorrow :( but the lady in the rescue said she would let me know if he isn't taken.

So I heard back from the rescue this morning and peter is 2 kilos at the moment. So not quite a big bunny, she said he is lanky and has big ears and probably has a little growing to do.

So what do fellow ru'ers think? Any chance he could even make it to 3kilos?lol !

Plus there is someone coming to look at him tomorrow :( but the lady in the rescue said she would let me know if he isn't taken.

I would have thought he'd make 3kg, even my bins I consider small are 3.5kgs each.

He does look to me as though he's all out of proportion and thus there's growing to do! I hope he turns his bum towards the lady tomorrow and she doesn't want him!!! :lol:

I would have thought he'd make 3kg, even my bins I consider small are 3.5kgs each.

Oh I would love a bunny that size. All my buns have ranged from 1 kg to 2.5 kg so it would be lovely to have a bigger sized bun :)

I'm not an expert, but I don't personally think he is a giant/bigger rabbit. I've had a British giant and a conti in the past and he looks normal sized to me.

I think the picture on the left just makes the ears look bigger. He is gorgeous though. :love:

He does look to me as though he's all out of proportion and thus there's growing to do! I hope he turns his bum towards the lady tomorrow and she doesn't want him!!! :lol:

Yeah I just hope she is a no show because I'd say anyone that meets him and looks into those lovely blue eyes would fall inlove!!!!

Would they let you go and see him today, and get in first :oops: or does the other person have first refusal?

When rosie was six months her weight was recorded at 1.8kilos and now at 15 months she is almost 2.4 so she had some growing to do herself at that age!

I'm not an expert, but I don't personally think he is a giant/bigger rabbit. I've had a British giant and a conti in the past and he looks normal sized to me.

I think the picture on the left just makes the ears look bigger. He is gorgeous though. :love:

Thanks for sharing your opinion. It seems you might be right :)

He looks a bit New Zealand White ish (good English there :lol:) in which case they are fairly large but not giant buns. I have had both in the past, lovely gentle buns :love:

If you like him then I wouldn't worry too much about the size. You'll fall in love in a few days and it won't matter any more. :wave:

I was worried Ludo would be too small and although he's smaller than I had originally hoped for he's perfect :lol:

Would they let you go and see him today, and get in first :oops: or does the other person have first refusal?

I second this! One thing I've learned from my (10!!) unsuccessful adoptions is that you can't sit around & be polite (well obviously to the rescue). If you want a particular bunny, you have to get in there & fight for him. Otherwise everyone just walks all over you & you miss out :(

He is gorgeous btw I have a BEW mini lion lop & I love his eyes :love:

Back