• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Opinions on rabbit size (u/d p52)

Unfortunately the rescue is in co Down and I am down in Dublin. We would have to plan the trip and possibly factor in an overnight stay. If it was local to me I would be there in a shot and he would be home with me. Lol :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Another little update. If the lady doesn't come on Wed the rescue will reserve peter for me and we can collect him Saturday. I won't find out until Friday though because cerys will be off for two days.

Would it be terribly cheeky of me to ask her if I can ring up tomorrow to check if he was taken. I hate waiting. I'm so impatient when I set my heart on something.

Last edited:
Another little update. If the lady doesn't come on Wed the rescue will reserve peter for me and we can collect him Saturday. I won't find out until Friday though because cerys will be off for two days.

Would it be terribly cheeky of me to ask her if I can ring up tomorrow to check if he was taken. I hate waiting. I'm so impatient when I set my heart on something.

Don't even ask if I were you, I'd just ring tomorrow anyway. At least they'll know you're keen & less risk of someone snatching him from under your nose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't even ask if I were you, I'd just ring tomorrow anyway. At least they'll know you're keen & less risk of someone snatching him from under your nose.

Good idea, sure it can't do any harm :)

Its not the end of the world if he is gone I guess :/ there is a lionhead cross called clifford who is supposed to be the friendliest and cleanest little guy available to adopt in my area and I could home him any time as I have already passed the home check.

I wonder am I being a bit shallow travelling all the way up north for a "better looking" bun when there is one locally who can't seem to find a home? !

Its not the end of the world if he is gone I guess :/ there is a lionhead cross called clifford who is supposed to be the friendliest and cleanest little guy available to adopt in my area and I could home him any time as I have already passed the home check.

I wonder am I being a bit shallow travelling all the way up north for a "better looking" bun when there is one locally who can't seem to find a home? !

Like it or not, most of us have pets because we love them and not because we are a public homing service. You are rescuing a bunny one way or the other. :)

I know what you mean, but is it really fair to adopt a bunny you don't click with out of duty or adopt one you do click with? I hope I explained what I mean properly :? :oops:

Any updates on this?

Sorry I was really busy yesterday and I just missed the rescues closing time by 5 mins so I am going to ring at 11 am when they open again.

I am a bit confused now though because I think Rosie is just coming out of grieving these past couple of days and we are starting to bond again and she seems quite happy in herself. Anyway I might start another thread for this :)

Eek ...waiting on a call back from the rescue now :/

So heard back from cerys. He wasn't taken yesterday. The lady was a no show but cerys told me that one of peters littermates had ec and that peter has been treated for it but will need this to be kept up 4 times a year.

Given what I have been through with bobby I just can't take this rabbit on now. She said he would be of no risk to Rosie but I can't take the risk :(

So heard back from cerys. He wasn't taken yesterday. The lady was a no show but cerys told me that one of peters littermates had ec and that peter has been treated for it but will need this to be kept up 4 times a year.

Given what I have been through with bobby I just can't take this rabbit on now. She said he would be of no risk to Rosie but I can't take the risk :(

he does look like either a new zealand although they normally have red eyes but I would say he may be a blue eyed white beveran or maybe a mix. I wouldn't worry about E.C, people worry about it but E.C is everywhere...in the environment, the soil, from other animals you may even have it it's just certain rabbits it will affect and seeing as one of his litter mates showed signs of EC and he has been exposed to it shows that it's unlikely to affect him. As long as he is treated with a wormer I wouldn't worry.

he does look like either a new zealand although they normally have red eyes but I would say he may be a blue eyed white beveran or maybe a mix. I wouldn't worry about E.C, people worry about it but E.C is everywhere...in the environment, the soil, from other animals you may even have it it's just certain rabbits it will affect and seeing as one of his litter mates showed signs of EC and he has been exposed to it shows that it's unlikely to affect him. As long as he is treated with a wormer I wouldn't worry.

she says he would need to be treated four times a year and given the incredible amount of stress we have been under with bobbys middle ear infection and his subsequent passing I was already reluctant to take on another bunny much less a bunny who requires medicating straight off :( peter is all the way up in the North of ireland which is a two and a half hour drive. I would need to be 100% about my decision to go all that way. Oh it's a tough one :/

There is another bun local to me who might be the better choice.

she says he would need to be treated four times a year and given the incredible amount of stress we have been under with bobbys middle ear infection and his subsequent passing I was already reluctant to take on another bunny much less a bunny who requires medicating straight off :( peter is all the way up in the North of ireland which is a two and a half hour drive. I would need to be 100% about my decision to go all that way. Oh it's a tough one :/

There is another bun local to me who might be the better choice.

go with your gut instinct!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

go with your gut instinct!

Thanks tash ;) I think I'm still traumatised over the whole experience of losing Bobby in the way that we did. The mere mention of middle ear problems or EC has me wanting to cover my ears or run for the hills !!!

Thanks tash ;) I think I'm still traumatised over the whole experience of losing Bobby in the way that we did. The mere mention of middle ear problems or EC has me wanting to cover my ears or run for the hills !!!

I'm not surprised and I don't blame you. If you're not 100% comfortable taking him on, it won't be fair on him or you

I'm not surprised and I don't blame you. If you're not 100% comfortable taking him on, it won't be fair on him or you

Thanks its nice to know someone understands :)

I agree it needs to be the right decision for you and your bunny. I think you will make the right choice and the right bunny will come along to join your family.

This exactly.

He is beautiful but you have to think of yourself and your current commitments first - there's nothing wrong with that. Whatever you decide, I'm sure it'll be the thing thing.

Back