• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

OMG! I FOUND SOME SURPRISES! ..update 11.2

Sue&Sooty said:
JCO said:
This is like a 'Trisha' Show!! Who's da Daddy!! :shock: The results of the DNA test ARE......sorry Sue, gallows humour has kicked in :oops: :roll: :roll: Jane and Buns xx

:lol: :lol: :lol: My whole life is like a Trisha Show!!! :lol:
I KNOW THE FEELING HUN!! :roll: :roll: Jane and Buns xx

This is the set up I have for them. Holly is in the blue run and it has a roof to it. Sooty is in the space in front of his cage.
RIMG0429.jpg

I guess I'll never know how it happened but at least with Sooty being 'plumless' now it won't happen again!! :?

Wow, there is only like a foot of the cage that is together... :?

And they definately never had a quick run together... :? :?:

OMG OMG Su!!!! :shock: :shock: Little floosy she is :lol: What a shock for you! That Sootys all man (or was!! :lol: ) Its like 'Ill show you, cutting me plums off'
At least you can get all the info you need here Su - dont worry about it, these things happen and at least youre a responsible bunny mum and gran - bet theyre gonna be CUTE :D :D

They must have been in the xmas spirit :lol: :lol: If they caught on the 6th Jan like Kim said... :lol: You know what they say about too much alcohol over the xmas period! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:oops: :oops: That would be the right date too wouldn't it :oops: :oops:

OK so now I feel like a very bad bunny mummy :( :( It's all my fault

Sue&Sooty said:

Like i said hun, accidents happen! Don't beat yourself up, its all done and there is nothing u can do about it now! Just concentrate on mom, dad and their babies now!!

Sue&Sooty said:

oh don't feel bad I didn't know it only took a few seconds :shock:
you'll make a wonderful bunny GRANNY :love:

Sue DO NOT beat yourself up!! You will learn so much from having the baby buns and will get LOTS of support from RU. When/IF you come to want to find homes for the babies I am certain there will be people on here willing to help. An accidental litter is a million miles apart from deliberate breeding of bunnies who may not be able to find homes. I am not meant to take on any more buns BUT I know my Becks will not be here for much longer. His partner Lara has already lost a previous friend. I do not have any single Bucks to bond her with so IF any of your babies are boys I will offer a home to him so as Lara can have another friend. She is a very sociable Bun and I really do not want her to be a singleton. The only other singletons I have are MEGA-MOODY Does. Jane and Buns xx

Thanks Jane

I might have a home for one already!! My best mate said she will speak to her O/H about having one. :thumb:

Today started out to be such a lucky day too! I had to go on a First Aid course in my local town. Parking is usually a nightmare but I drove straight into a space today. Then I found a £10note on the floor in the car park!! Then I come home to find baby bunsters!! :shock:

well who's to say you will regret it? It might turn out to be lucky too - nobody is perfect at this rabbit lark - I've been criticised for keeping single rabbits - the RSPCA think I'm cruel :shock:

You do your best - what more can you do? - it was an honest mistake.

Awwwww, well, nothing can be done now. Accidental litters aren't all bad. If my sister's girlie bun had never had an accidental litter, I'd never have got Fidget or ever got into this rabbit lark - now I don't know what I'd do without them!

And with your two bunnies, their babies are going to be gorgeous!

Sue&Sooty said:

Ahhhhhhhhh don't blame yourself your making me cry now, its happened now and you'll have some new buns to cuddle very soon :love: :love:

Ali and Barney

It certainly explains the brussel sprout nesting behaviour anyway!!!! :shock:

They'll be gorgeous tho and find homes in no time I'm sure......you'll end up keeping at least one tho!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:shock: oh deary me , you go to work and then come back and discover you are a granny :lol: . Accidents do happen though so there is no point in beating yourself up about it . You are very responsible and took all the measures you could to prevent this but it appears that he has managed to find a way to sow his oats :oops: :roll: , like all men I suppose :lol: .
I bet when he went into get "done" he must have been going ... ha ha too late mum - well I hope he is going to go out and get a job to support his young ones .. tut tut the youth of today :lol:

gina paul said:
I bet when he went into get "done" he must have been going ... ha ha too late mum - well I hope he is going to go out and get a job to support his young ones .. tut tut the youth of today :lol:

:lol: :lol: The funny thing is he is hiding away in his igloo. Now and then he sticks his nose out and has that 'it wasn't me mum' look on his face just like my two children get when they've done something they shouldn't have!! :lol: :lol:

Just worht a mention a lot of new mums go off there food for a day or two before and after so dont worry if she dosent eat for a day or so. greens are very good for encouraging her milk. A little kick start for a couple of days :lol: . val

Back