• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

OMG! I FOUND SOME SURPRISES! ..update 11.2

how awful for you - I'd be a nervous wreck with a shock like that - when you said she was doing funny stuff this morning I thought she was pregnant from the other day with Sooty, but obviously this is from a long time ago - I remember you saying that you thought she was pregnant when you got her as Kay/Kim had an unneutered buck - could it have been him or are the dates wrong? Am I right in thinking rabbits can delay implantation of eggs in the womb or is that my mixed up mind? Good job she had them now anyway as Sooty may have killed them - that's something to be happy about - What a shock though :shock:

I just tried to get her bowl out t give her some more food and she growled at me!! :? So I have put a seperat dish in her run so that I don't have to put my hand into her cage. I've also put some extra hay in for her.. I've alos put an old curtain over the cage area to keep it nice and snug for her.

The strange thing is she actually let me pick her up this morning and check her teeth, bum etc which she never normally lets me do!

omg sue lol i camn tell u she never got near a boy ere all the boys where out side only her and pheebee indoors what a shock i dont know what to say .im as confused as u all my boys are now done the oonly ones i had was 2 nethies midnight and dusty. so pass as to how it could have happened sinkey bunnys no doubt

OMG hun!!! :shock: Just replied to your other post in GC and then came here for a look!!!! :shock:

I have no experience with baby buns,but I hope youre ok! You must certainly be in shock!

I wonder how that happened! :? :? You'll have to have a look at some dates, was she preggers when she came to you? You are certain that they have never been together while at yours? :?

Eeek! Hope all is ok hun !!!!

like i said unlewss she was very cleaver it wouldent have been here my boys where out side in a ,locked shead throw 2 locked doors only her and pheebee girl in the house never out together

Good luck! The only thing I would say to watch out for at this point is if they wander from the nest, they need putting back asap if that happens and may need warming first.

Btw, the best way to warm a baby rabbit is to gently tuck it in your bra until it gets all warm and lively! :lol:

It will be worth checking the nest in a couple of days time at least. Your lionheads look like they might be the dwarfed type and so it is possible there may be peanuts in there. If there are they will certainly die (I know :() so it is important that you check because you don't want them just sitting in there with the others :shock: :? There are many other potential reasons for death of neonates so you do need to check at some point, as not all does will tidy out the nest.

Weaning is the most dangerous time for rabbits... so it's in a few weeks time that you will be needing the most advise! For the next couple of days, just sit back and get some reading done :lol:

I would advise though, having bred rabbits in the past (shh :oops:) that you do handle the babies from as young as mum allows you. Lots of very careful turning on their backs and things, as if you are clipping nails or something. Believe you me, it will save you a lot of hassle when they are older!

Best of luck though!! Congrats to the buns on managing to be soooo naaawty!! :lol: I've had that happen to me before - a doe who hadn't been out of her fully enclosed run (or only out when attended) for months produced a litter!

And yes... rabbits can have the *whole* naughty act done in A FEW SECONDS! :shock: :shock:

Nawty bunniees :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

Guess it doesn't matter who the culprit is now! Just have to deal with it and look after Holly so that she can look after her little bundles

I feel really terrible about it as there is already too many buns looking for homes :(

Maybe I should have taken her to be spayed at the same time as Sooty had his op :( At least then this litter (as fantastic as it is) could have been stopped :( :(

well it doesn't sound like it could be kim/kerry's boys, so naughty Sooty must have got there somehow - where there's a will(y) there's a way :shock:

Don't beat yourself up over it as it has happened and for a good reason - these babies might bring a lot of joy to someone, or someone's lonely bunny - good job they weren't born after you put them in the same cage, like I said, or Soot may have got to them and you'd have felt worse then - I'm sure you and your kids will love them to bits when they're hopping about - I wouldn't handle them for 2 weeks though without using the plastic bag/cotton gloves tip above - You'll just have to clean when she goes out for a run if she's not happy about it - leaving the nest part dirty for 2 weeks won't hurt.

/

Hi I remember you posting how they liked to groom each other through the wire...well...it has happened that way before! :shock:
I think you've had her too long for one of Kerry's to be the dad...although Kerry did tell me Dusty was kept inside and he wasn't neutered til he came to me...but I think that was much too long ago..
..so looks like Sooty is one very determined bunster!

I'm sure the proof of the pudding will be in a few weeks when we can see what the babies look like - a bunny identity parade! I agree though, I think it's way too far after she left Kim's, so it's gonna be Sooty through the bars - I seem to recall the bars were quite wide so he must have found a way to 'do the deed'!

Re: /

honeybunny said:
..so looks like Sooty is one very determined bunster!

Flippin good job he's been done already then :? At least I can safely say that this will be Holly's one and only litter :!:

I also wondered if they'd managed to 'do it' through the wire :?:

Thank you everyone for your advice and support.. The shock seems to be settling now :roll:

This is like a 'Trisha' Show!! Who's da Daddy!! :shock: The results of the DNA test ARE......sorry Sue, gallows humour has kicked in :oops: :roll: :roll: Jane and Buns xx

AlisonA said:
I'm sure the proof of the pudding will be in a few weeks when we can see what the babies look like - a bunny identity parade!

Yeh, I was thinking the same thing!!

Don't worry Sue, accidents happen!! Least you know there are loads of people on here willing to help :wink:

i dont know... i check the forum before i leave work and then get home to see this news!?!

you are a responsible bunny mummy so i'm sure you didnt miss anything!

um well happy becoming a grandbunmum day!

oh and a quick word to your buns :no: ... enough said!

right i'll be off to knit some booties then!

Saw your other post then came here! :shock: what a suprise! it looks as though you have lots of advice from lots of knowlegable people, which is great for you and the new babies :D
You have to admit, as shocking as this is, they will be seriously cute bunsters :D

JCO said:
This is like a 'Trisha' Show!! Who's da Daddy!! :shock: The results of the DNA test ARE......sorry Sue, gallows humour has kicked in :oops: :roll: :roll: Jane and Buns xx

:lol: :lol: :lol: My whole life is like a Trisha Show!!! :lol:

Ahh I hope you are getting use to the idea now, what a lovely surprise,

:love: "CONGRATULATIONS" :love:

Ali and Barney

If you got her in December they must be Sooty's. Goodness knows how they managed it if they've never been out together.

Tam

Tamsin said:
If you got her in December they must be Sooty's. Goodness knows how they managed it if they've never been out together.

Tam
Sperm with wings...... :? :shock: :oops: :shock: !! Jane and Buns xx

Back