• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nia :(U/D Preliminary PM findings 26/03

I can hardly type for the tears. I am so sorry to hear that you had to make this decision and obviously the right decision.

Nia was such a precious little girl to you, Rog and Tim. I hope that you remember all the fun times that you had with her.

As someone said in another post, 6 month is a long time in bunny time and you made her a very happy bunny in that time.

Hugs to you all.

Preliminary findings of PM

I thought I'd just update you with the email Kev sent this evening. It seems that the cancer was back as well. Poor baby. I'm glad I made the decision when I did as it meant she didn't have to suffer with the cancer too.

Hi Hilda,

just to let you know that it was the right choice to put Nia to sleep.

She had chronic damage to both kidneys (consistant with EC) and a cyst in the right kidney.

The uterine tumour had started to come back.

There was a red lesion in the brain as well as yet of an unknown cause.

kev

awwww hun... even without the results you knew it was the right time.. your little girl was very poorly xxxxxxxxxxx

i can truly say i admire your decision. you are certainly right.
this shows that you truly love Nia. She'll thank you when you meet.
i have had to make these decisions in the past but i ( i hate this saying.. but its true ) if you love them you'll let them go.
Honestly.. you will see eachother and you'll be happy to see your happy-go-lucky bunny you remember :)
Sweet Dreams Nia, see you soon little one! Don't enjoy yourself too much cheeky ;)

I hope the PM results help you find some closure Hilda, that is an awful lot for one tired little body to contend with.

Take comfort from the fact you did the right thing when she needed you to.

Actually I've been feeling not too bad today..just quietly sad with a few wobbly moments, but I suppose that's inevitable and part of the healing process that we have to go through. It'll be interesting to find out what the brain lesion was. Thankfully I'm not having to pay for the pm or tests that are being done.

poor baby girl... shes deffo better off out of the body that let her down... i guess shes just got to wait for tim to join her for complete happiness at the bridge :D

Poor girl, at least now you know you definatly did the right thing. I am sure she was greatful for it. She had such a happy time with you. :)

Yes, he mentioned that when she had the first fit. He was pleased that I allowed the full pm because although we were pretty sure her condition was a result of EC or cancer or a combination of both, there may well be something else unexpected going on and any knowledge gained would perhaps help in hisfuture treatment of rabbits.

He's eating fine and *seems* ok, but he has been less lively since Nia went. Jill said he was very quiet when he was with her, but after he was bonded with Nia he turned into quite a perky livewire. The sooner I can find a prospective partner the better, I think.

Back