• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nia :(U/D Preliminary PM findings 26/03

Oh dear Hugs for you & Rog, Nia's been very very lucky to have such a wonderful mum & dad, you've made her last 6 months such a warm and comforting time for her and done all you possibly can to make her better.

Can't agree more. I have said it time and time again and life is deemed by quality not quantity. She had more love, care and fun in those 6months than she had ever had the five years previous. Take comfort in the fact she experienced what it is like to be one of your special bunnies. She was a credit to you and kept fighting all the way. I believe she kept going because you encouraged her to do so. Rabbits usually give up so easily. She did not want to leave you. Not many rabbits could go through what she did and pull through in the space of a few years let alone a few months! I feel that although she did her hardest to stay with you the damage was already done and there was not much you could do but keep her comfatable and let her enjoy life to the full which is exactly what you did.
I know what you are going through and even though you know there is no hope you still feel guilty for doing so. I have often said and I still stand by that it is one of the most important things a loving caring owner can do - let their pet go with a bit of dignity.
You will cry buckets and no other rabbit will even come close but try and think that you have loved and lost her and it is better to have loved and lost her than never of had her at all. She was your special bun, and in the future you will think of her with great fondness. ((((hugs))))

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I understand you'll want to be on your own for now but do call me whenever you need me.

Myself, Tracy and Jen are all thinking of you.

Last edited:
Only just caught this thread and I'm so sorry. :cry:. I can only echo what others have said that you have made her last 6 months the best. My thoughts are with you, Rog and Tim.

Binky free sweet little Nia.

Carly the vet nurse rang us at teatime to say that Kev will email me tomorrow but asked her to ring up and reassure me that I'd made the correct decision as the PM revealed that she had multiple lesions on her brain and kidneys. Her passing was very peaceful.She was so "flat" that an initial sedative wasn't needed and she was injected via a needle in her ear.

Only just seen this. I am so sorry to hear this news. You have totally done the right thing and I am sure Nia is binkying her way to Rainbow Bridge. Hugs to you and to Tim. I hope he is ok.

Shiv

Only just seen this, I'm so sorry.

You've done the right thing for her and like others have said, you gave her more enjoyment in the time you had her then she had had previously. It doesn't make it seem any easier though I know.

Hugs for you and yours

FC xx

oh gosh i have tears in my eyes. I say this time n time again but sumtimes peoples bunnies on here really mean sumthing even if u hadnt met them or anything. through no particular reason sometimes certainb unnis on here have a special place in my heart and i truly truly thought nia was beautiful and so lovely, and im really sad to hear that she has passed. U dnt even know me really so i guess it may seem strange.

xxxxxx i am PMing something to you

I'm so sorry it came to this. I've loved hearing about little Nia and seeing the photos and video clips of her. She was a gorgeous little thing.

Look after yourselves xx

Back