• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My old boy Revel needs vibes/ admitted

He ate a few pellets and has had a little potter about :)

But his eyes still look the same and he is still breathing like he is really hot :?

Poor Revel, he's one of my faves too. I hope it's just the heat getting to him a little and that he's feeling better soon. :love:

He's been admitted :( He is very dehydrated but they have no idea why. His breathing and heart rate are rapid but otherwise normal. Temperature normal.

the vet was actually impressed with his overall condition given his age :)

He will be pumped full of fluids today and then take it from there

Sounds like heat or GI stasis with that level of dehydration. Poor boy, hope he feels much better after his little spell in intensive care :(
Am sure he'll feel much better and can come home again soon x

Sounds like heat or GI stasis with that level of dehydration. Poor boy, hope he feels much better after his little spell in intensive care :) Am sure he'll feel much better and can come home again soon x

His guts sound fine, he is eating small amounts and there was a few piles of poos this morning just very small ones.:) Its more like he is too tired to eat.

Hopefully it is just the heat and old age not making a good combination. Problem is I think the weather is getting hotter before it gets cooler :? :(

Sending lots of positive vibes for Rebel, hope he's soon back home with you bieng his normal self again xx

My old guy (9 yrs) isn't coping well with the heat but thankfully is ok so far.

I hope he'll feel much better once he's been rehydrated.
Us oldies really dont like this heat. I'm knackered and its not even midday yet !!

His guts sound fine, he is eating small amounts and there was a few piles of poos this morning just very small ones.:) Its more like he is too tired to eat.

Hopefully it is just the heat and old age not making a good combination. Problem is I think the weather is getting hotter before it gets cooler :? :(

I'm afraid so. Mr PL looked at the Met Office long range forecast for next week and it looks like we might be in for a heat wave after Sunday which is worrying for all you caring for elderly and poorly buns :cry: Hope you can all keep cool.
I'm finding lunchtime/afternoon wet leaves and grass picked, soaked in water and fed soaking wet is helping keep my two hydrated in the afternoon when sleepy time makes everything slow down.

Got the fan on today and all windows closed and what are my two doing? Racing around the house binkying everywhere! :roll:

Hope Revel feels better soon xx

Awww bless him, the heat is awful for everybody - even worse when you have old age to cope with too. I hope the fluids help him feel better. :love:

Revel is feeling much brighter :) Looks like the fluids have done the trick.

We aren't doing further tests just now as we are hoping it is a one off, but if the severe dehydration hits again we will be asking for bloods etc

:love::love::love: Great news. Give him a big snuggle from me (assuming he likes big snuggles of course :lol:)

Back