• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My bunny is spinning around itself

Feed fewer treats. Does he have pain meds? Is laser helping his swelling issue?

The laser was for his testicles, now he's fine and will never need a laser again.

The real problem and he's treatment is now for the eyes. Drugs are starting to get better. But I noticed that him eat less hay. But yes I felt sorry for him because he was in pain and I gave him a lot of treats. I'll cut down on giving him treats a little bit. :(

Cookie now hates me for forcefully giving me eye drops 4 times a day. :( It's like all the trust and love relationship between Cookie and me has disappeared. I am so very sad and how do I get him love back again? :(

Cookie now hates me for forcefully giving me eye drops 4 times a day. :( It's like all the trust and love relationship between Cookie and me has disappeared. I am so very sad and how do I get him love back again? :(
Give it time and be patient, he'll come around :)

I am afraid that he will completely lose his trust in me. I no longer see love and trust in the way he looks at me. This hurts me so much. :(
Yea, it happens, but you're doing the right thing for him and it'll soon be over :) then you'll regain his trust and bond again. Try not to worry, this is what it's like when rabbits get sick unfortunately. Animals live in the moment, he won't remember this soon and everything will go back to how it normally is.

Yea, it happens, but you're doing the right thing for him and it'll soon be over :) then you'll regain his trust and bond again. Try not to worry, this is what it's like when rabbits get sick unfortunately. Animals live in the moment, he won't remember this soon and everything will go back to how it normally is.

Really? Will he really forget? :(

I give him a small reward after each drug but he still doesn't think positive about the drug. And also when he walks around the house he always hides in the corners, he doesn't want to get close. We used to sleep together on the couch, we were together 24/7, now we're so far away. This is hurting me so much :( :(

Give him time, having treatment is something new for him, it won't be forever and he will forget. I'm sure Cookie knows that you are helping him xx

Really? Will he really forget? :(
I've never like timed it.. But I think a few days to a week after they're like nothing ever happened and are just basically all over me again [emoji38] Clementine learns to tolerate medicine for her treat after very fast and then normally ends up getting excited for meds [emoji38] Atticus and Apricot are just kinda like I'll tolerate this.. But you kinda suck.. [emoji38] But then a few days later everything is fine again :)

Being held and having stuff done to you when you don't understand is not nice for anyone, but there's no real alternative.. Evelyn hasn't been very well this week and yesterday she was screaming her head off whilst I was giving her calpol.. Struggling and screaming muma and crying.. It was awful.. But 20 mins later when the meds had kicked in she was much happier and playing with me again [emoji38] it sucks but if something in your care requires treatment, you just gotta be the bad guy sometimes so they get the help and care they need. It'll be fine though, Cookie won't hold a grudge forever [emoji38]

Give him time, having treatment is something new for him, it won't be forever and he will forget. I'm sure Cookie knows that you are helping him xx

I've never like timed it.. But I think a few days to a week after they're like nothing ever happened and are just basically all over me again [emoji38] Clementine learns to tolerate medicine for her treat after very fast and then normally ends up getting excited for meds [emoji38] Atticus and Apricot are just kinda like I'll tolerate this.. But you kinda suck.. [emoji38] But then a few days later everything is fine again :)

Being held and having stuff done to you when you don't understand is not nice for anyone, but there's no real alternative.. Evelyn hasn't been very well this week and yesterday she was screaming her head off whilst I was giving her calpol.. Struggling and screaming muma and crying.. It was awful.. But 20 mins later when the meds had kicked in she was much happier and playing with me again [emoji38] it sucks but if something in your care requires treatment, you just gotta be the bad guy sometimes so they get the help and care they need. It'll be fine though, Cookie won't hold a grudge forever [emoji38]

I hope this will be fixed quickly. Because Cookie is really my son and I feel like my son hates me. It's about the meaning I put on this Cookie. I am also very sensitive to him. about this now I need to create a feeling-thought-behavior diary for myself. When my feelings normalize, I should give myself therapy on myself.

While you were talking about Evelyn, I noticed that pets are like babies. Also I loved the taste of Calpol when I was little, it was orange. Calpol is the most essential drug in mothers' purse for years. Also, is Evelyn okay?

Like children, bunnies do not always understand meds and treatmants will make them feel better. I often feel bad,especially when they go to my spouse for comfort, yet know I will soon be their second favorite person again.

Like children, bunnies do not always understand meds and treatmants will make them feel better. I often feel bad,especially when they go to my spouse for comfort, yet know I will soon be their second favorite person again.

Oh, dear. I understand you very well, I am experiencing the same thing. Now he goes to him because he is more comfortable with my husband. But I do everything and I always have to be the bad cop. :roll:

He will soon forgive you, I am sure of it :love:

Now it was him medicine hour and I gave him medicine again. I think he's slowly getting used to it, I give small rewards at the end of the medicine. And I talk to him after he gives medicine, maybe it works. He didn't run away after I just gave him both medicine and he let me caress him. 1 minute after giving the medicine, he lay on the ground while I was caresssing him and closed his eyes. I hope it continues like this.

Cookie made us sweat a lot. Ever since I started giving him medicine, he's been avoiding me, he's been lying and sitting in corners all the time. We struggled in sweat until we pulled him out from the back of the seat. When will this be fixed, this has nothing to do with sterilization surgery, right? Isn't that just because I'm giving medicine?

Do you think that Cookie's condition is due to me giving him medicine or is it a hormonal crazy?

Cookie made us sweat a lot. Ever since I started giving him medicine, he's been avoiding me, he's been lying and sitting in corners all the time. We struggled in sweat until we pulled him out from the back of the seat. When will this be fixed, this has nothing to do with sterilization surgery, right? Isn't that just because I'm giving medicine?

Was he hiding? Because tbh I'd have left him if he wasn't in danger. He's already got the medication stuff going on, he's lost a bit of trust, I'd just leave him alone and let him chill out away from you. When the meds are done you can fix the relationship, but I think it's a lot to expect everything to be fine whilst having meds administered to him. He probably just wants to be left alone. Also you seem really stressed about this, he'll be picking up on this, mine absolutely know when I'm in a flap about something!

Was he hiding? Because tbh I'd have left him if he wasn't in danger. He's already got the medication stuff going on, he's lost a bit of trust, I'd just leave him alone and let him chill out away from you. When the meds are done you can fix the relationship, but I think it's a lot to expect everything to be fine whilst having meds administered to him. He probably just wants to be left alone. Also you seem really stressed about this, he'll be picking up on this, mine absolutely know when I'm in a flap about something!

I can't stay away from him. I still take my pillow and lie next to him. I act like girls who don't want to break up with their boyfriend. :lol: :lol:

Personally I would give him some space.

He's had a rough week and the medicine giving is stressful for them and us especially eye drops. And they don't understand its for their own good unfortunately.

Maybe be on the floor nearby doing something else and allow him to approach you when he's ready instead.

I used to read out loud to Rodney while sat on the floor nearby while he was settling with us and eventually he got cheeky enough to come nibble my books and jump on my back.

He's likely picking up some of your stress too, its hard but I would try and do some of the things you like to do to relax like cooking etc while Cookie has some time to himself.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Personally I would give him some space.

He's had a rough week and the medicine giving is stressful for them and us especially eye drops. And they don't understand its for their own good unfortunately.

Maybe be on the floor nearby doing something else and allow him to approach you when he's ready instead.

I used to read out loud to Rodney while sat on the floor nearby while he was settling with us and eventually he got cheeky enough to come nibble my books and jump on my back.

He's likely picking up some of your stress too, its hard but I would try and do some of the things you like to do to relax like cooking etc while Cookie has some time to himself.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
Yea I agree, you gotta do what's right for Cookie.

I'm such a disaster when Atticus gets sick, because it always feels like it could be the last time. I really have to watch myself that I do what he needs me to, and not what I want to do for me.

Back