• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My bunny is spinning around itself

KCG

Warren Veteran
Cookie is spinning around himself. :shock: this is the first time I see this behavior I am shocked. Cookie had a neutering on Saturday, we're going to check up tomorrow and her hat will be taken off. But today he started to revolve around himself, why is that? :shock: I add video

https://streamable.com/s6cyyn

Cookie is spinning around himself. :shock: this is the first time I see this behavior I am shocked. Cookie had a neutering on Saturday, we're going to check up tomorrow and her hat will be taken off. But today he started to revolve around himself, why is that? :shock: I add video

https://streamable.com/s6cyyn
Is he doing this constantly? I'd take the cone off immediately!

When he took off the hat, his behavior stopped completely, I immediately wrote to the vet on WhatsApp. If the vet stopped this behavior when he took off the hat, he said it was because of the hat. She said maybe it's an ear infection, I'll examine him when you come for a checkup tomorrow.
Now he's back to normal, I was really scared. :(

When he took off the hat, his behavior stopped completely, I immediately wrote to the vet on WhatsApp. If the vet stopped this behavior when he took off the hat, he said it was because of the hat. She said maybe it's an ear infection, I'll examine him when you come for a checkup tomorrow.
Now he's back to normal, I was really scared. :(
Wearing a cone for a rabbit is quite distressing as they're a prey animal, I'm glad it's off now and he seems better x

Wearing a cone for a rabbit is quite distressing as they're a prey animal, I'm glad it's off now and he seems better x

Head tilt is not a problem, could it be an early sign? But there's nothing else.

Glad you took the cone off, I bet Cookie will feel much better now. Hope vets visit goes well tomorrow xx

Head tilt is not a problem, could it be an early sign? But there's nothing else.
I obviously don't know, but I'm gunna guess he was in distress from the cone, keep an eye on him, EC can present if a rabbit is under stress etc iirc. Hopefully he'll be okay now though!

His ears would normally stand up straighter, this is the first time I've seen them this far apart. I wonder if his ears remained like that because he wore a hat for a long time? Because of the hat his ears were slightly bent for 4 days. Is this position of his ears normal? I am attaching a video, would you look at his ears?

https://streamable.com/6hdzc9

I'm adding the symptoms he has:

• He twirled around for a minute or two until he took off the hat but then he let go and never did.
• Shakes his ears a lot (I very much suspect he has an ear infection)
• His ears look more apart than before (but he's been wearing a hat for a few days, maybe it's his influence?)

His ears would normally stand up straighter, this is the first time I've seen them this far apart. I wonder if his ears remained like that because he wore a hat for a long time? Because of the hat his ears were slightly bent for 4 days. Is this position of his ears normal? I am attaching a video, would you look at his ears?

• He twirled around for a minute or two until he took off the hat but then he let go and never did.
• His ears look more apart than before (but he's been wearing a hat for a few days, maybe it's his influence?)

He might be shaking because he's got his head and movement back [emoji38] but obviously get the vet to have a look, he's not been able to groom them with the cone on either like he normally would. Was the cone forcing them into that position then? If so I assume they'll go back to normal after a bit.

He might be shaking because he's got his head and movement back [emoji38] but obviously get the vet to have a look, he's not been able to groom them with the cone on either like he normally would. Was the cone forcing them into that position then? If so I assume they'll go back to normal after a bit.

Yes, the hat was forcing his ears to stay slightly bent. He has no incoordination or balance problems, he balances very well. Now his ears are straightened, he is standing upright again as before. At first I think his ears were numb because of the hat, he's just coming back.

Yes, the hat was forcing his ears to stay slightly bent. He has no incoordination or balance problems, he balances very well. Now his ears are straightened, he is standing upright again as before. At first I think his ears were numb because of the hat, he's just coming back.
I'm sure he'll be okay now it's off, hopefully the vet can give him a good look over tomorrow too x

I'm sure he'll be okay now it's off, hopefully the vet can give him a good look over tomorrow too x

I can't keep calm when it comes to Cookie. I'm so scared, when I saw him like that, I started crying with fear. :( :(

I'm 100% sure it's an ear infection. I blame myself, it's been my fault. The sterilization surgery battered him a lot.

He hasn't been able to clean his ears at all for 4 days because of the cone. That's the only possible reason I can think of.
No I mean does he have any symptoms? Because he might not have one :) I don't like cones for rabbits I think they're wrong tbh, but it doesn't mean he's necessarily got an ear infection [emoji38][emoji38]

Back