• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My bunny is spinning around itself

Thank you all for your messages. Now it's 4:24am here and I checked Cookie again. His ears are now erect and look the same as before. He also lets me touch and caress his ears, so it doesn't hurt anymore. I'll observe again in the morning, check again if he is nodding.

We had to put a cone on him. Now there is a problem. Turkey pet care is not as common as in Europe, rabbit care almost none very very very rare. That's why there aren't many rabbit materials in Turkey. Be it clothes or many things are not here. For example turkey doesn't even have timothy hay, that's why I just feed Cookie with meadowgrass hay. I also buy most of Cookie's toys and belongings from abroad by paying a lot of money(because the Turkish lira is so worthless). If I had known about the dress after the operation, I would have ordered it from abroad 1 month ago.
Surgical stitch methods may also differ from Europe. There is really no rabbit vet in Turkey, there are only 3. And Turkey is a big country, I'm telling you to understand the gravity of the situation. The vet I'm taking right now is the only famous veterinarian on rodents in Turkey and may be the most expensive vet in Turkey. And also I don't think even this vet is as knowledgeable as most of the people on the forum, here you all have a better understanding of Cookie. Other veterinarians know how to examine rabbits, they know what medicine to give, but they are not knowledgeable about the right diet, detail diseases and conditions that require detail.

You are doing so well. You can only work within your limitations. I always struggle with that too, with hamsters and guinea pigs particularly, as vets over here really know very little about them still. So I understand that feeling of wishing you could do more.

You are doing so well. You can only work within your limitations. I always struggle with that too, with hamsters and guinea pigs particularly, as vets over here really know very little about them still. So I understand that feeling of wishing you could do more.

Thank you so much. I understand you very well and this is a really stressful situation. I'm trying to do everything by myself. I am in a constant struggle for the health and life of Cookie. He's okay, I don't want anything else.

We just came from the vet. She said there is no neurological problem. She also said he had nothing in his ears and was attached to the cone. She said he didn't even have an infection and dirt in his ears.

She asked why he still had swelling in his testicles. According to me, he had surgery on Saturday and there is no excessive swelling, I think slight swelling is normal for 7-10 days. Do you think I think right? Laser was done to his testicles today for swelling and we will go again tomorrow we will do laser.

She said he's allergic to his eyes. But I don't agree with that, I think the vet says allergy because she doesn't understand what's going on. Because so far there has been no redness in the eye or any other part of Cookie. Also, Cookie hasn't been able to clean himself for days because of the cone. And he was dirty. Bow the first time he started cleaning himself, his eyes were red, I think he got a germ probably because his hands were dirty. Do you think allergy or microbe makes more sense?
Also the vet gave antibiotic eye drops and eye drops for redness. I am attaching pictures.
If his eyes are allergic, why did she give antibiotic drops? She should have just given drops for redness. Anyway I believe it is microbial so it was good that she gave antibiotic drops. I'm curious about your opinion, because I think that the people in the forum are more knowledgeable about rabbits than any and all veterinarians in Turkey.

https://imguh.com/image/2DWQB

They told us to use these drugs every 6 hours. 4 times a day, two drops in each eye.

Also, Cookie has lost 200 grams of weight, how can I make him gain weight fast again?

Losing that much weight made me a little worried, but him energy and food are very good.

The Vet May believe that the primary problem with Cookie’s eye is allergy but that there is also evidence of secondary bacterial infection. Even if he has no allergies and the inflammation is due to infection the treatment given covers both. The diclofenac eye drops will reduce the inflammation and the moxiflodcin eye drops will treat bacterial infection.

Weight loss immediately after neutering is not unusual. I would not change his diet at this stage. Once his hormones settle down you are more likely to find it hard to stop he from gaining too much weight. It is far healthier for Rabbits to be slim.

The Vet May believe that the primary problem with Cookie’s eye is allergy but that there is also evidence of secondary bacterial infection. Even if he has no allergies and the inflammation is due to infection the treatment given covers both. The diclofenac eye drops will reduce the inflammation and the moxiflodcin eye drops will treat bacterial infection.

Weight loss immediately after neutering is not unusual. I would not change his diet at this stage. Once his hormones settle down you are more likely to find it hard to stop he from gaining too much weight. It is far healthier for Rabbits to be slim.

Thank you so much. :) Now I found the treatment right, I am satisfied with the drugs. But in terms of diagnosis, I found allergy frankly a bit ridiculous. :roll: What do you think about testicular swelling? Isn't it normal to have slight swelling, today is the fifth day.

Thank you so much. :) Now I found the treatment right, I am satisfied with the drugs. But in terms of diagnosis, I found allergy frankly a bit ridiculous. :roll: What do you think about testicular swelling? Isn't it normal to have slight swelling, today is the fifth day.
I'm not saying he does or doesn't have allergies, but it is possible, two of mine suffer with allergies and have to have medication sometimes!

I'm not saying he does or doesn't have allergies, but it is possible, two of mine suffer with allergies and have to have medication sometimes!

I agree, not a rabbit but my dog has grass allergies and largely affects his eyes. A lot of people laugh like how can a dog be allergic to grass but can happen! I hope the eye drops help. I've not personally seen that much swelling post castration, but if the vet thought he was ok today, no temperature etc then I'd feel reassured but keep an eye on them.

There is something illogical about allergies, this has never happened before. He hasn't been able to clean himself for days and his hands are dirty. Then it makes more sense to me that he gets a germ when he cleans his eyes with his hands. :roll: Or I think it might irritate his eyes because he's cleaning his eyes too hard. I hope it's not an allergy, I'll watch from now on to figure it out. :|

Swelling is usually worse in the first 48 hours. If the swelling is due to a collection of blood in the scrotal sacs it can take several days to resolve. Swelling can also occur due to a reaction to the suturing material used.

Swelling is usually worse in the first 48 hours. If the swelling is due to a collection of blood in the scrotal sacs it can take several days to resolve. Swelling can also occur due to a reaction to the suturing material used.

Thank you so so much :) xxxxx

Probably Cookie's eyes hurt. :( Usually hides in corners and doesn't come out. :( I give him him meds, but I miss him being healthy and happy. :(

The vet may suspect allergies because how quickly both his eyes became red and because both his eyes developed this issue at exactly the same time. Though infection is still possible.
It is not uncommon for vets to treat for two issues when both are possible.
Your vet must be quite advanced to have lasers to help healing/inflammation.
Sending vibes.

The vet may suspect allergies because how quickly both his eyes became red and because both his eyes developed this issue at exactly the same time. Though infection is still possible.
It is not uncommon for vets to treat for two issues when both are possible.
Your vet must be quite advanced to have lasers to help healing/inflammation.
Sending vibes.

Thank you so much. Now I understand why allergies are possible. They said they did the laser to reduce the swelling in his testicles

I'm devastated when I see Cookie sick. His eyes are red and hurts. I can't stand to see him sick.:cry::cry::cry:

I'm devastated when I see Cookie sick. His eyes are red and hurts. I can't stand to see him sick.:cry::cry::cry:

The diclofenac anti inflammatory eye drops should significantly reduce discomfort. Hopefully his eyes will be less inflamed in 24-48 hours

Cookie used to lick my hand all the time but now he started licking my clothes too, why is that? :D

Cookie's eyes are slowly starting to heal. But there is a problem. I noticed that he ate less hay than usual because his eyes hurt. He shows interest in food but eats hay less. How can I make him eat more hay?

Back