• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My bunny is spinning around itself

Personally I would give him some space.

He's had a rough week and the medicine giving is stressful for them and us especially eye drops. And they don't understand its for their own good unfortunately.

Maybe be on the floor nearby doing something else and allow him to approach you when he's ready instead.

I used to read out loud to Rodney while sat on the floor nearby while he was settling with us and eventually he got cheeky enough to come nibble my books and jump on my back.

He's likely picking up some of your stress too, its hard but I would try and do some of the things you like to do to relax like cooking etc while Cookie has some time to himself.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Yea I agree, you gotta do what's right for Cookie.

I'm such a disaster when Atticus gets sick, because it always feels like it could be the last time. I really have to watch myself that I do what he needs me to, and not what I want to do for me.

You are right. I take a pillow and sleep with him on the floor, he lies an arm's length away but of course I'm used to him sleeping on my bosom, it feels weird. :roll: I'm a little afraid that this situation will tear us away completely, I'm afraid of it, I'm worried that nothing will be the same as before. He still lets me caress him after giving him medicine and he's not afraid. It seems like he got used to it a little more, but my real fear is the sentence I said above, maybe I'm so worried about it's.

The Testicles shrink slowly so he should be ok. If you are still worried in a day or so I would speak to the Vet or send him a photo.

The Testicles shrink slowly so he should be ok. If you are still worried in a day or so I would speak to the Vet or send him a photo.

Ah ok, thank you so much. Well, normally, up to how many days does the testicles shrink after surgery?

Aw! He looks very happy but asleep! I don't honestly know but mine have been ok at 10 days post op. The Vet told me it is fluid and I have never had a problem. I have had many neutered.

It's good for me that you said, thank you so much. :)
We came back from the vet, they said everything is alright. :) He was sleeping so well that I was sorry I had to wake him up.

I am so sorry you have had such a rough time with Cookie [emoji175]

I apologise for not posting sooner. I have had such a busy time trying to look after the bunnies on my own when my OH is at work plus deal with being so sick with bad stomach still.

How is Cookie now? He is probably avoiding you as thinks you will try and give him treatment and medication. He has been through such a hard time lately. Try not to hassle him too much and give him space as the more you try to get close when he needs space the more he will want to be by himself.

Mischief got very grumpy after his neutering and growled at me when I went close. Before his neutering he had never growled at me before. Only to my OH. But since then he has growled at me so much. He is warning me that he wants space.

Cookie is not growling but he is lying away from you as he wants space aswell. He just shows it in a different way from Mischief.

Think of it that if you needed space and your husband kept crowding you and hassling you. You would find it annoying. Cookie is just needing time to deal with everything he has gone through.

Just be patient and let him come to you. I know it is hard but he will come to you if you give him space. If you keep crowding him he will keep trying to get away.

I hope this finds Cookie feeling much better and his eyes are healed and his testicle is slowly less swollen. Mischief had swollen testicles for a few days. My vet told me to give him Loxicom to help the swelling go down. But if Cookie is looking better I would leave the Loxicom.

I hope you are able to relax aswell more. I understand totally how hard it is when your bunny is sick. I had to put Sudocrem on Mischief's neck and he got so stressed and started fast breathing. It got me so upset and I gave him a cuddle and cried a little.

We love our bunnies so much and we want to do the best for them. Sometimes they do not understand that we have to make them uncomfortable to make them better.

Sending healing vibes for Cookie and relaxing vibes for yourself [emoji175][emoji175]

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

I am so sorry you have had such a rough time with Cookie [emoji175]

I apologise for not posting sooner. I have had such a busy time trying to look after the bunnies on my own when my OH is at work plus deal with being so sick with bad stomach still.

How is Cookie now? He is probably avoiding you as thinks you will try and give him treatment and medication. He has been through such a hard time lately. Try not to hassle him too much and give him space as the more you try to get close when he needs space the more he will want to be by himself.

Mischief got very grumpy after his neutering and growled at me when I went close. Before his neutering he had never growled at me before. Only to my OH. But since then he has growled at me so much. He is warning me that he wants space.

Cookie is not growling but he is lying away from you as he wants space aswell. He just shows it in a different way from Mischief.

Think of it that if you needed space and your husband kept crowding you and hassling you. You would find it annoying. Cookie is just needing time to deal with everything he has gone through.

Just be patient and let him come to you. I know it is hard but he will come to you if you give him space. If you keep crowding him he will keep trying to get away.

I hope this finds Cookie feeling much better and his eyes are healed and his testicle is slowly less swollen. Mischief had swollen testicles for a few days. My vet told me to give him Loxicom to help the swelling go down. But if Cookie is looking better I would leave the Loxicom.

I hope you are able to relax aswell more. I understand totally how hard it is when your bunny is sick. I had to put Sudocrem on Mischief's neck and he got so stressed and started fast breathing. It got me so upset and I gave him a cuddle and cried a little.

We love our bunnies so much and we want to do the best for them. Sometimes they do not understand that we have to make them uncomfortable to make them better.

Sending healing vibes for Cookie and relaxing vibes for yourself [emoji175][emoji175]

Right now all I do is leave Cookie alone, he comes to me whenever he feels like it. :D He's hangs out like a free boy. :D Yesterday I fell asleep on the carpet on the floor. First something licked my hand but I thought it was a dream. Then something started poking my butt and I woke up scared. :lol: Cookie poked my butt with her nose to get through because my butt was blocking the way. :lol: He also licked my hand a lot while I was sleeping. :D

Right now all I do is leave Cookie alone, he comes to me whenever he feels like it. :D He's hangs out like a free boy. :D Yesterday I fell asleep on the carpet on the floor. First something licked my hand but I thought it was a dream. Then something started poking my butt and I woke up scared. [emoji38] Cookie poked my butt with her nose to get through because my butt was blocking the way. [emoji38] He also licked my hand a lot while I was sleeping. :D
See! If you leave him alone he will miss you and come looking for you! [emoji175]

It will be fine hun. Just give it some time xxx

Back