• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My bunny has swollen red and weeping eyes :'(

From what you're describing she NEEDS to see a vet today. If you can, get her to the nearest emergency vets, time is of the essence here, she needs help NOW. It sounds very much like myxi, don't take a chance with your rabbit's health, it's not worth it. hours, even minutes, can make a difference. There is no compromise, you need a vet.

From what you're describing she NEEDS to see a vet today. If you can, get her to the nearest emergency vets, time is of the essence here, she needs help NOW. It sounds very much like myxi, don't take a chance with your rabbit's health, it's not worth it. hours, even minutes, can make a difference. There is no compromise, you need a vet.

I agree, you need to get her to a vet ASAP. Even if it isnt your own vet!

If its myxi then it will only get worse and the chances of her surviving will be much, much less. She might not have untill tomorrow if this is the case.

Please, just take her to the vets

She really needs to be seen asap

The longer you leave you leave it, the more pain she'll be in :(

Well I do agree but it seems unlikely so I thought a photo might help people to advise her as she suggested it.

I know, and normally I'd say it's a good idea, but I think given that it's likely on the face of it to be something that needs immediate attention, I'd just get the rabbit off to the vets, because even though some of us might have good levels of knowledge or experience, most of us aren't vets and I think time is going to be really important for a bunny with a temperature and swellings.

Helen

Taking her to an emergency vets today is the only thing you can do. Rabbits can go downhill very quickly and one that is in pain (as she obviously is) can develop other problems such as stasis as well. Leaving her overnight with no pain relief might mean a painful drawn out death for her. The vet will treat for myxi if you wish it and she should still have some resistance with the vaccination she got 7 months ago.

I'm really sorry, it does sound very much like myxi. :(

Please, please take her straight to the vets. It will be expensive but I expect you will be able to split it into sevberal payments if you haven't got the funds.

Back