• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet my new 3some!!! U/D on Lucy- see post 72. been to vets

I have talked with her at length about it today, she is the vet who amputated noodles leg she is the rabbit saavy vet at the practise I use, I trust her totally so will leave it to her. She will know more tomorrow im sure.

That's good that they're rabbit savvy. :) I hope whatever it might be can be sorted out, but I do think that if it's just one baby and she was mated a month ago, you should let her have it. I can't a nasty image out of my head now. :oops::(

Anyway, vibes for Lucy! Is she home right now or is she at the vet still?

Im sure the vet wont put her under any unnecessary harm, maybe they could scan her first before any procedures are done to find out what this mass is, i hope all goes well for you all shes a lovely bun, god knows where she might have ended up if not for you. xxxx

Thanks, I really didnt anticipate getting another bunny- neither did I when I got Noodle and Twig.... but I did- and its a good job I did because many would have given up on Noodle when she broke and dislocated her leg

these things happen for a reason

That's good that they're rabbit savvy. :) I hope whatever it might be can be sorted out, but I do think that if it's just one baby and she was mated a month ago, you should let her have it. I can't a nasty image out of my head now. :oops::(

Anyway, vibes for Lucy! Is she home right now or is she at the vet still?

Mate, I argued with myself about it- but imagine if ita a dead rotting kit and she dies of infection because I DIDNT get it removed........

the vet would hear a heartbeat with a stethescope if it was very far ahead im sure, honestly dont worry- it would be worse not too

Mate, I argued with myself about it- but imagine if ita a dead rotting kit and she dies of infection because I DIDNT get it removed........

the vet would hear a heartbeat with a stethescope if it was very far ahead im sure, honestly dont worry- it would be worse not too

This is why I'd be asking for more tests before they knock her out and go ahead with it. :wave:

Thanks, I really didnt anticipate getting another bunny- neither did I when I got Noodle and Twig.... but I did- and its a good job I did because many would have given up on Noodle when she broke and dislocated her leg

these things happen for a reason

Things do happen for a reason i agree, and im so glad she found a caring mummy. xxxx

Blimey what a shocker:shock: I do hope she will be alright and get a second chance to enjoy life now, I can just imagine what the poor little love has been through:( Fingers crossed for her x

I have just wrote this to send with Lucy to the vets tomorrow....

FAO : Lucy’s Vet
We saw ******* last night and she said she could feel a small mass in Lucy’s Womb, which has resulted in her spay being booked today.
Since we left the vets, I called the garden centre where we got her as she is still on ‘guarantee’ for another 4 days. They called the breeder who owned her before.
The breeder stated that he attempted to mate Lucy one month ago, which was successful, however- two weeks into the pregnancy, she began pulling fur out of her chest which he ‘KNOWS???’ means she miscarried..........so he gave her to the pet shop because she was ‘no good’ for breeding.
I thought I would bring this to your attention, I know there are no further tests that can be done to ascertain if this is a living or dead kit, however ********* did say that she didn’t think this was a full term pregnancy due to the fact the mass was very small.
The garden centre have agreed to pay £75 towards the operation, but they said they will only pay with conformation that there was either a mass, or failed / current pregnancy.
Please can your findings be typed / written briefly, so that the breeder is billed for his blatant disregard for Lucy’s welfare.

Many thanks

I think your doing the right thing hun your vet sounds good so i would trust her advice im sure she wouldnt have her speyed if their is going to be any risk. If she is carrying one baby i have heard that this can be bad as the baby can grow bigger then usual inside and will be to big when it comes to being born which can result in death of teh mother i dont know if this is true though but i do know a breeder whos doe did die giveng birth to a huge kit!

I think your doing the right thing hun your vet sounds good so i would trust her advice im sure she wouldnt have her speyed if their is going to be any risk. If she is carrying one baby i have heard that this can be bad as the baby can grow bigger then usual inside and will be to big when it comes to being born which can result in death of teh mother i dont know if this is true though but i do know a breeder whos doe did die giveng birth to a huge kit!

:shock:

why would they do it - it sickens me

Oh bless Lucy - what an awful situation for you & her to be in :cry::cry::cry:

Thinking of you both & hoping that everything is ok tomorrow, your vet sounds experienced & I'm sure will advise you as best they can xxx

It's possible that the kit has mummified. Unlike dogs and cats, baby kits can be reabsorbed...if not then they will mummify....they HAVE to be removed via a spay.

I know you've had some criticism, but just think what would have happened to her if you hadn't got her :(! She's gorgeous!:love::love::love: I hope her spay goes well!

It's possible that the kit has mummified. Unlike dogs and cats, baby kits can be reabsorbed...if not then they will mummify....they HAVE to be removed via a spay.

I know you've had some criticism, but just think what would have happened to her if you hadn't got her :(! She's gorgeous!:love::love::love: I hope her spay goes well!

thank you, I remembered that could happen hence why is sweyed my decision to spay...

I just didnt want to wait until she got septecemia or something.

hopefully this nightmare will soon be over:)

I think you have made the right descision. They spay may save her life and I think you should go ahead with it. Just be glad she ended up with you! I don't care what anyone else is saying I think you're doing a great job with her. :)

I just wanted to say i bought a rabbit from a garden centre as she was being badly bullied by other rabbits and guinea pigs :shock: Two weeks later and five babies were born, from my MALE rabbit. My mum called the garden centre who DEMANDED we bring mother and the babies to them immediately as the babies are worth £50 each and were their PROPERTY :censored: My mum went crazy and told them to :censored: off.

Anyway 3 years later and Hattie and her four 'babies' (one died of myxi :cry:) are still happily living here :love:

I hope it works out ok for Lucy :wave:

Hi hun - I am so sorry to catch up on your thread!

But atleast you are doing/have done the right thing. That bun is so lucky to be with you!

Back