• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet my new 3some!!! U/D on Lucy- see post 72. been to vets

Jane has already said what I was thinking when reading this thread! As has SJ in regards to bonding. I never leave a bond unsupervised for the first 48 hours.

Also, if she has an underlying illness, it may come out simply as she has been dropped at the pet shop, then taken from there to yours, and then plonked straight in with 2 other rabbits intent on humping and chasing her, so she will be scared!!

well, despite all my obvious failings... this morning they are looking great....

New bun is washing with them, eating with them and she has no marks, bites of any kind....

Only odd behaviour is she wont move out the litter tray, not sure if thats for fear of being chased ir if she thinks it is a 'nest', or if she has never been given room to move......... but thats fine. Im happy with their progress.

Video?

Do i look stressed????

PS(Sorry its sideways cant change it... you will have to crick your neck)

Jane has already said what I was thinking when reading this thread! As has SJ in regards to bonding. I never leave a bond unsupervised for the first 48 hours.

Also, if she has an underlying illness, it may come out simply as she has been dropped at the pet shop, then taken from there to yours, and then plonked straight in with 2 other rabbits intent on humping and chasing her, so she will be scared!!

'plonked' good choice of words....

I really dont enjoy it when constructive critiscism becomes personal on this forum. I am a fair and diplomatic person.

Several people on here seem to think i have failed these bunnies terribly, but yet have never met me. I am more than confident and competent with my pets...

just because someone does something different does not make it wrong.

I take on board the comments on quarantine and wish that had crossed my mind, however I have slept on it and feel I have made the right choices else where.

Again, i do welcome constructive critiscism

Hi :wave:

I have to agree with the quarantine matter BUT whats done is done now - as long as you get the bun checked out as soon as you can (hopefully tomorrow). fingers crossed the bun is fine - but as Jane said you are going to have to make sure she isnt pregnant?

When bonding my bunnies I always make sure I can see them or hear them for 48 hours. Its all well and good checking on them every hour (which is tiring), but what if something happens between the hour checking? Would you be able to hear it? I had a threesome together for two weeks, after two weeks they started fighting massively and I had to separate them. Bottom line is bunnies are very unpredictable!! and the first 48 hours are crucial to look out for the signs!

Are you going to get her speyed? Do you have a hutch you can put her in, in case the bonding doesnt work. I personally (everyone is different), will not place any bunny with the others until they are speyed and checked over - because I feel it is less stress for all the bunnies (than taking them out and putting them in for operations etc) - after the op she will need somewhere to stay on her own and putting them in and out, they might not go back as easy?? Just a thought you might want to consider.
:)

yeah thanks, that did cross my mind.

I have an indoor cage which my neighbour is borrowing for a week. Then im on holiday, when I get back noodle is going to be speyed leaving twig and new girl to continue the bond, then new girl will be speyed.

Im considering speying two at once but not sure how that will work with their dressings because they could chew each others off...

its something im going to think about at length.

I dont think new girl is pregnant, she store kept her on her own for a while any how, not sure how long but she had been there at least several days on her own...

I also have a seperate pen used by none of my other buns (the one you can see the bond in) which can go in the kitchen if there are issues...

yeah thanks, that did cross my mind.

I have an indoor cage which my neighbour is borrowing for a week. Then im on holiday, when I get back noodle is going to be speyed leaving twig and new girl to continue the bond, then new girl will be speyed.

Im considering speying two at once but not sure how that will work with their dressings because they could chew each others off...

its something im going to think about at length.

I dont think new girl is pregnant, she store kept her on her own for a while any how, not sure how long but she had been there at least several days on her own...

I personally would get one done at a time, because they do need full attention at all times - looking for pooing and eating. Also mine pulled out her stitches (rare but it happens!), so you need to keep a close eye on them. Also I wouldnt get two done then put them together, they will more than likely like to recover on their own.

Who is looking after your buns while you are on holiday? If this is the case, I would try and separate your buns until you get back (would you ever forgive yourself if you came back and they had all had a fight and hurt each other?)... also its a lot for whoever is looking after them to look out for? Which they might not necesssarily know as well as you do?

We went with the no quarantine plonked approach with Simba and Tinkerbell AND we put them in the shed together after a few hours and they weren't supervised overnight!

Glad it's worked out well for you :D

We went with the no quarantine plonked approach with Simba and Tinkerbell AND we put them in the shed together after a few hours and they weren't supervised overnight!

Glad it's worked out well for you :D

thanks

and 'poppymoon' - eric's mom - is looking after them

im sure she can handle it...

i have had buns speyed and neutered before i know about stictches, post op care etc...

i have had over 30 rabbits in my life

thanks

and 'poppymoon' - eric's mom - is looking after them

im sure she can handle it...

i have had buns speyed and neutered before i know about stictches, post op care etc...

i have had over 30 rabbits in my life

Sorry I was just giving advice - I didnt know your life story with buns? :?

That's ok!

It probably came accross as a bit patronising on here, but I tend to just tell everything I know - that way hopefully someone can learn something new from it.

Good luck with it anyway! Hope your threesome is more successful than mine! x

Dont worry too much, when i first got my rabbits i done the excat same thing and i had no problems! This was before i found RU though!

I got Thumper on the Tuesday and got millie on the Sunday and put them together on the monday (they were ment to be both girls) and they have been together ever since! Well except when millie had her babies, i seperated until they were weaned and both parents had been neutered!

I guess i was lucky none of them had anything the other could catch :)

Hope ur buns continue to get on and fall more in love with each other :)

They look great together btw :love::love::love:

thanks for all the kind comments,

they are getting along well, Twig and Noodle keep grooming her but she wont groom back- and every time they go to run towards her she c**s herself and runs off- starting a chase, but it never results in more than a loose tuft from the bum

Noodle has humped newbie and twig today- for about a minute she chased them but thats all I have seen.

Newbies belly feels big and it moves, is this normal for a bun who has had kits? she is eating / drinking / pooing but never felt an ex pregnant belly before!

thanks for all the kind comments,

they are getting along well, Twig and Noodle keep grooming her but she wont groom back- and every time they go to run towards her she c**s herself and runs off- starting a chase, but it never results in more than a loose tuft from the bum

Noodle has humped newbie and twig today- for about a minute she chased them but thats all I have seen.

Newbies belly feels big and it moves, is this normal for a bun who has had kits?
she is eating / drinking / pooing but never felt an ex pregnant belly before!

No, but it is for a Doe not long off dropping a litter

Seriously, if her abdomen really is 'big and moving' you are taking a monumental risk by leaving her with the other two Rabbits. If she kindles during the night you could be met with an awful situation in the morning :cry:

:wave: again, im glad it went well overnight..

I think if I was in your situation I would take newbie out - as she 'may' be pregnant and settle her in a indoor cage..

Get her spayed as well as your other and then re-intorduce them all - it doesnt sound like you will have any problems which is good but I would say better safe than sorry..

Good luck - whatever you decide and lots of non-pregnant vibes for you

Back