• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet my new 3some!!! U/D on Lucy- see post 72. been to vets

If she is pregnant, you wont be able to put her back in for a while! I would separate her until you know 100% she isnt pregnant (when you know she isnt put them back together! ) :)

If she is pregnant, you wont be able to put her back in for a while! I would separate her until you know 100% she isnt pregnant (when you know she isnt put them back together! ) :)

I agree ^^^^^^^^ - it is not worth the risk - as jane said - i would hate it if you came down to something terrible in the morning.. also you have twigs and noodles bond to think of, the last thing you want is for something to upset them and if newbie is about to give birth I can only imagine it would cause mayhem between the 3 buns which may be unrepairable when trying to bond again (let alone what would happen to the babes :cry:).

what signs can i look / feel for?

Well you have seen one, the 'large moving abdomen'

I would not be prodding her abdomen about if you dont know what you are feeling for. If she is about to drop a litter you might cause serious damage.

I would separate her, allow her some peace and quiet. Provide a make-shift nesting box 'just in case'. Then I'd get her to the Vet tomorrow.

Well you have seen one, the 'large moving abdomen'

I would not be prodding her abdomen about if you dont know what you are feeling for. If she is about to drop a litter you might cause serious damage.

I would separate her, allow her some peace and quiet. Provide a make-shift nesting box 'just in case'. Then I'd get her to the Vet tomorrow.

Here you are...... I have took it on board....

Vets tomorrow evening....

have put some pics on for you to assess.... have been picking her up etc all day so if she is pregnant i have probably done the damage already...

newbun005.jpg

newbun007.jpg

newbun006.jpg

thats my bathroom :(

Looks good hun you have done a good job.. Well done you for doing the right thing :) xx

ETA - She looks pregnant to me!

and one from yesterday

Photo0169.jpg

I saw her belly today and said to my OH - look at this her hair is moving like a wave.... he said- yeah i noticed that earlier- maybe its her hair is different...

i felt and felt like bubbles and rippling like gas- but she has no symptoms of bloat, she has a great appetite and drinking plenty and not uncomfortable.

The things that put pregnancy in doubt is she is not aggressive, not fur pulling, not nest building,

but...

she las been lying in the toilet since yesterday..........(her toilet not ours)

ETA - She looks pregnant to me!

I just dont know what to do now.... Going on holiday friday.... dont want to leave
her like this....

If the vets tomorrow is a 'negative' then I will put her back with twig and noodle- however will wait until noodle and newbie are neutered

if its positive and its too late to terminate - she will have to go back to the garden centre kits and all so that they can sell them as I have no room for 20 rabbits.....and i will have her back when they have left her

i

Hun wait for the vets appt first. Take one hurdle at a time :)

See what they say tomorrow and try not to worry in the time being - you never know she might not be pregnant!

I've no advice with a pregnant doe I'm afraid, as I've no experience but wanted to say I really hope everything works out ok.

As Mellyrabbit says try to take one hurdle at a time xxx

Good luck with everything! Could anyone on here foster her while she has kits or could you and find the kits homes yourself? It might make you feel better about the situation.

I think she looks like a Thistle. :)

Good luck with everything! Could anyone on here foster her while she has kits or could you and find the kits homes yourself? It might make you feel better about the situation.

I think she looks like a Thistle. :)

i will ask depending on tomorrows results.........

I ask myself WHY??? am i so soppy for bunnies I should have just walked away she would be better off with someone else i feel i have failed her if she is im gutted.

i will ask depending on tomorrows results.........

I ask myself WHY??? am i so soppy for bunnies I should have just walked away she would be better off with someone else i feel i have failed her if she is im gutted.

Failed her? No way. You've given her a loving home, friends and you're a good owner. Some kid could have taken her and then what would have happened? You have the opportunity to give her a good life and if she is pregnant you can do the best for the babies rather than someone inexperienced. They might be taken away from mum too early, not fed properly anything. You now have the power to make sure they get good homes if you want. And experience baby bunnies for a few months.... :p;):mrgreen:

However... if you think it's best for her to go back to the garden centre until the kits are old enough then that's your decision to make. No one knows your circumstances or your life. If it's better for your pets and your family then that's what you do. I'm just soppy so I would keep her and rehome myself.

P.S. Baby bunnies are super cute...

Hun you havent failed her - you have done everything you can so far and more :)

Just keep it up! She could have ended up in a home that wouldnt care enough to ask questions and she may have been left to her own accord!!

yeah, have discussed w/ my other half...

if she is pregnant we will raise them... in the bathroom.... lol...

im sure there will be people on here wanting baby ''show breed'' quality baby mini lops... lol

if the kits are damaged... what does this mean for them?

bump the above, IF she is pregnant... i really do need to know, the boy who gave her us from the garden centre picked her up upside down by her legs the poor mite, she has been chased around. I have picked her up- she has leapt off my lap earlier and fell over... just mainly getting into bunny mischeif...

if you can damage them just by feeling, then they wont have a hope in hell....

Back