• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lois is poorly/ sleep tight Lois

Thank you zoobec. I'm really upset :( what do we do when we don't know what's wrong?? We can't just leave her sick but we have no idea what to do to help her......

They have checked everything while she was under GA. I would also think an infection would show up in bloods?

Oh dear...What a mess :( ... Im thinking teeth but obviously that would be one of the first things checked...im sorry i dont know what to say i just didnt want to read and run xx vibes xx

They have checked everything while she was under GA. I would also think an infection would show up in bloods?

Not always, Morse's bloods did not always show evidence of active infection even though there were clinical signs of Otitis. I hope you get some answers today that will enable the Vet to help Lois xx

Lois is no better :(

I double checked her ears had been checked and they said they are fine. They got a urine sample last night and that was also clear......

I've spent most of the day on the phone to the vet discussing different ideas. Lois perked up for a bit and then deteriorated again :(

She is now having an ultrasound to rule out liver torsion

The U/S was normal.

Both vets caring for her now want to open her up in the morning if no change.

I have no idea what's the right thing to do, its a nightmare :(

I'm sorry, Liz, what a dilemma :(
If only they could speak to us and tell us what's wrong. Sending more vibes and prayers for the beautiful Lois. xxxxxxxxx

Back